𝐌𝐲 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐎𝐖 | 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

You ran through the streets of Carentan looking for cover. You spotted Joe Liebgott and Harry Welsh crouched down beside a brick wall.

"How are we doing over her fellas?" You said sarcastically as you crawled over.

"Oh just peachy." Harry replied, looking through his binoculars.

"You ok?" Liebgott asked, inspecting your blood soaked hair.

"Yea i'm good Joe, it's not mine." You frowned. You held your comrade Ed Tipper after he endured a grenade blast, you were stained from head to toe with his blood, but now was not the time to process the previous events.

"You got eyes on the sniper?" Shifty appeared behind you, placing his hand on your shoulder.

You gave him a quick pat on the hand.

"You ok?" he mouthed.

You nodded, trying to keep your composure.

"Second floor of the tall building on the right." Harry said, handing Shifty the binoculars.

"Ok I see him, cover me."

You quickly lifted your rifle alongside the wall as Shifty ran across the street to the other side.

Suddenly a kraut mortar blasted the building you were leaning against. You felt your back hit the pavement as your vision went blurry. You looked down at your feet as someone dragged you away from the explosion. You quickly fell out of consciousness.

As you came to, you realized you were sitting on a chair in the middle of an abandoned barn.

"How did I get here?" You whispered to yourself. You quickly realized your hands were tied behind your back as panic started to set in.

"Shit shit shit don't tell me i'm a POW..." You wrestled around in the chair, trying to break free.

You heard German murmuring outside the barn doors as you quickly composed yourself, pretending to be unconscious.

𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧:

"Has anyone seen (Y/n)?" Shifty yelled frantically as the smoke started to clear from the mortar.

"she was right here!" Liebgott said through his coughs.

"I couldn't see anything through the smoke." Welsh picked himself up off the ground.