Too Close to The Truth

"T-Tree?!"

"P-Pen! Just uh, pretend you never saw that!" I said.

"I can't just ignore the fact that you just killed Liy and confessed to killing everyone else!" said Pen.

"Well, don't tell anyone about this! And if you want to live, stay away from Black Hole," I said.

"I... I need to tell him about this! You're his best friend, he needs to know what you did!" said Pen.

"I need him to be more than my best friend!" I said and grabbed Pen's arm so he couldn't run.

"Do you have a crush on him?! And did that crush turn you insane?!" asked Pen as he tried to get me to let go of his arm.

"Yes and yes," I said and gripped tighter.

Pen didn't say anything and continued trying to get me to let go. Eventually, he managed to get free and ran off before I could grab him again.

I can't let him tell Black Hole! He would hate me forever! I started running after him, but once I caught up, I saw him talking to Black Hole! 

3rd Person POV (Hey finally not Tree's POV anymore!)

Pen started telling Black Hole everything he just saw.

"I know who the killer is!" he said.

"Yeah, it's Pillow, isn't it? Tree and Liy were planning how to stop her," said Black Hole.

"No, they weren't! Pillow is not the killer, Liy is dead-"

"Liy is also dead?! Please tell me Tree wasn't also murdered..." said Black Hole.

"He wasn't, but-" Pen started to say, but was also killed then and there.

"Nonono, Pen!" Black Hole said. 

Pen was bleeding a lot and lost too much ink very quickly. Tree walked over to where Black Hole and Pen's now dead body were and said, "Black Hole?! What happened?!"

Tree POV Again (Just because I want this story to be in his POV for the most part)

"Pen said that Pillow wasn't the person killing people, and he died after telling me that you weren't killed," said Black Hole. "There was something else he wanted to say, but he didn't get a chance."

"Did you see who killed him?" I asked.

"No, he was just hit by a knife," said Black Hole. Phew, he didn't see me.

"Wait, so then he probably wasn't killed in the same way as everyone else, meaning that it's possible that he can be recovered!" I said. I had that thought when killing him, but I hope he can't be recovered. He can NOT tell Black Hole that I'm the one killing!

"You're right, should we go try?" asked Black Hole.

"That won't be necessary," said Pillow.

"Pillow?!" Black Hole and I said simultaneously, and equally surprised.

"Pen may have been killed from a long distance, but he still can't be recovered," said Pillow.

"Well, how do I know you're not lying? We need to at least try," said Black Hole.

"Go ahead, try. You'll fail. It'll just be a waste of your time," said Pillow.

"I'll go do it and see what happens," I said.

"I hope he gets recovered," said Black Hole.

I walked over to the recovery center, not noticing that Pillow had followed me. Just as I was about to type in Pen's name, she said, "What were you thinking?! He can be recovered!" 

I was surprised at the sound of her voice. "He was about to tell Black Hole that I was the one killing! I couldn't let that happen!" I said.

"Is that why you went to recover him alone?" asked Pillow.

"Yeah," I said. I then typed Pen's name into the recovery center, and he did get recovered.

"Wait I'm alive?!" Pen said surprised.

"Not for long," I said and killed Pen, this time permanently.

I then went to go lie to Black Hole and say that he wasn't able to be recovered. Well, I guess that's technically true, but I mean, I'm not saying he could be recovered and got killed again.

"So, what happened?" asked Black Hole.

"He... Couldn't be recovered..." I said, pretending to be sad.

"I guess... Pillow was right..." said Black Hole.

"Of course I was!" said Pillow.

"Pillow?!" Black Hole and I said simultaneously. 

"Are you following me?! Are you trying to kill me?!" I asked, pretending to be scared.

"No, I'm not," said Pillow.

"How can we be sure?" asked Black Hole.

"I guess you can't," said Pillow. "But trust me, I'm not planning on killing either of you."

"Trust you? TRUST YOU?! YOU HAVE GIVEN US NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO TRUST YOU!" Black Hole yelled, surprising both of us. Black Hole is not exactly the kind of person who would normally yell at someone. Pillow and I were both speechless after that.

"Black Hole, why are you yelling?!" Bottle asked and came up to us. 

"Sorry, I kinda just... Got pretty upset with Pillow," said Black Hole.

"I can see that, but... Why?" asked Bottle.

Black Hole began explaining what happened to Bottle. Not just the Pillow situation that was happening just now. The whole thing, starting with Marker's murder, how we suspected Pillow, who was looking at us angrily at the moment, Lightning and Remote's deaths, Liy also getting murdered, the whole story.

And I think he may have been talking to her a bit too much, if you know where I'm going with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uh oh, Bottle's in trouble! And yea, it was Pen who caught Tree. My original plan was for it to be Pie, but I felt like the reaction I wrote was a little more in-character for Pen, so I changed it to him. So, anyone who thought it was Pen was correct! 

- Crystal, CEO of Treehole and Airypack