S2 ep 5: Brookes back

"At this time, I would like to officially welcome Kendall. You're a member of the Abby Lee Dance Company," Abby announces.

"Woo-hoo!" Evelynhugs Kendall as Abby approaches with the ALDC jacket. "Yay! You're on the team."

"Finally!" Kendall whisper-shouts, causing Evelyn to giggle before letting her go.

It's Kendall's fifth week here; it was kind of about time for her to have an ALDC jacket.

"Now listen to me. It doesn't mean it's smooth sailing from here on now. It means you really have to work hard," Abby advises. "When you're wearing that jacket, you can't be all hunched over and slouching," she turns to Jill briefly. "So if you see that, Mom, you take a thumbtack and stick it right between her shoulder blade."

"We are going to Starbound competition in Long Island, New York," Abby announces. "Now, I'll tell you what. They are ready for us. They want to beat the Abby Lee Dance Company, and they are serious. They're like sharks in the water; they can taste the blood."

Evelyn's finger thrums against her thighs as Abby turns to the mirror. With her win last week, she was hoping she did well enough to be back on top.

"Alright, now... Mackenzie," Abby starts the pyramid. "You did well with your solo the last time; you need to do even better this time. Nia chosen for a special part. Your Mom didn't want you to do it. Not a lot to say. Next... Paige. You didn't do a duet or trio, so there wasn't a lot to judge you on."

Abby reveals the last headshot on the bottom row. "Kendall. You're off prohibition. You're a member of the team. However, we need to fix the feet, the turnout, the back knee. You still have a lot of work ahead of you, honey. Moving on... Maddie. You did a great job, but you didn't win. I have to keep challenging you. And next, I have... Chloe."

Evelyn's eyes widened. There are only two headshots left, and for Chloe to be third can only mean that Payton was either second or on top of the pyramid. But she didn't do a solo. Chloe and I won our division. And she was mean in the dressing room.

"We're gonna give them what they want. Chloe, when you walk backstage and into those wings, you have to walk in there with arrogance and your nose in the air just like you walk in this studio every day. Those other girls should be afraid of you just because you're Chloe and you're from the Abby Lee Dance Company. And... next on the pyramid..."

"...is Brooke."

When Brooke steps through the door, Evelyn couldn't believe her eyes. She was in such shock that it took her a moment to join the hug with the other girls.

"I know you all are wondering, 'How could she be second on the pyramid?' Not only is she going to do a solo this week, and not only should she win, I demand that you win," Abby clarifies.

Evelyn's smile disappears when she sees Payton, hunched over with her head in her hands from the corner of her eyes.

Letting go off Brooke, Evelyn was the first one to reach Payton. She wraps her arm around the girl's waist, rubbing her back.

"Payton, we all know everyone is replaceable," Abby says. "You were not the right replacement for this group. You had a great experience. You saw a gateway to the west. You cannot be upset."

"She has a right to be upset, Abby," Leslie argues. "You dangled a carrot in front of her, and you just ripped it away. For what?" She points at Jill. "For her daughter to just come in and take a spot as a stranger? And for Brooke to leave and you take her back. Where is your loyalty? We have been so loyal to you!"

Kelly scowls. "Loyalty!?"

"Yes, loyalty, Kelly!" Leslie yells at her.

Abby holds her hands up. "Wait a minute. Wait a minute."