Chapter 9

Dante POV

Nero: I HAVE A BROTHER?!

I was stood in Nero's new house he and Kyrie had bought and I had just told them that Nero had a brother. Kyrie was confused but Nero was beyond confused.

Dante: I know it's a lot to take it but, yes, you have a brother and he's your older twin.

Kyrie: Did you know about him?

Dante: Ever since the both of them were born, yes.

Nero: Great. My dad ripped my arm off because it was some kind of special sword and now I find out I have a brother.

Dante: He's a student at Beacon and he's competing in the tournament so if you wanna watch him you can always come to the stadium.

I walk to the door and leave his house before walking toward a bullhead that would take me to the stadium. I was silently hoping Nero would at least come to the stadium to watch Y/n.

Nero POV

After Dante left I was left with multiple questions. I had a brother? Why was I never told? Does he know about me? I sigh and sit on the couch in the living room while being lost in thought.

Kyrie: What are you thinking?

Nero: Honestly? I don't know. This past year has been crazy. My dad rips off my arm and now I find out I've got an older twin.

Kyrie: Wouldn't it be worth it maybe... going to Beacon to say hello? Maybe getting to know each other and try bond like brothers?

Nero: This is just... so much to process.

Kyrie: I think it's worth it to go and meet him. Beacon is one bullhead away.

Kyrie walks upstairs while I'm left to think on the couch. Finding out I have a family is a lot to process but meeting my brother might be worth it. I stand from the couch and grab my weapons from the rack by the front door and attach an arm Nico made for me before walking out the door. I walk through the streets of Vale before arriving at the docks where airships were ready to take people to the stadium for the tournament, so I walk onto the airship as it flies up and away from Vale and toward a large flying stadium where the tournament was being held.

Y/n POV

I was standing in the middle of the arena with my opponents being Trish and Lady of Mistral. They both stood with their weapons out while I stood with Yamato still sheathed in my left hand.

Y/n: I have seen your teams previous matches. Impressive to say the least.

Lady: You're pretty good as well. But I'm sure we can easily beat you!

Trish: SSSN was too cocky for their own good.

Y/n: That, we can agree upon.

The biome generators had appeared and chosen a forest, a run down city and a grassland. Port began counting down which caused Trish, Lady and I to stand ready until the match had begun where both of them ran at me.

Nero POV

I walk through a long hallway before coming out in the seating area for the tournament where a battle was happening. I saw Dante sitting close to the front so I walk down and sit next to him while the match continued on.

Dante: Heh, knew you'd come.

Nero: My brother the one fighting in there?

Dante: Yep. Y/n, scarily similar to Vergil, even wields the Yamato. Honestly, Y/n with Yamato is somehow scarier than Vergil with it.

Nero: He has the Yamato?

Dante: And like I said: he's scary as hell with it. Watch.

I watch the match and see Y/n fight the duo. He wielded Yamato with what looked like respect for the weapon while also using it carefully as not to hurt the girls he was fighting. It was amazing seeing how he used the weapon. Suddenly he hit them both into the air before suddenly they were hit with slashes while Y/n was stood in the middle of the stage. Everyone cheers as both their aura levels drop to zero. Dante cheers like a proud father while I clap my hands in amazement. Y/n walks out of the arena so Dante and I stand up to find him, and after much walking through hallways we finally find him standing with a group of girls.

Nero: Seems like my brother can pull chicks just as good as I can.

Y/n turns around while all the girls looks confused but also have a blush on their faces. He and I both stand lost for words at the sight of each other but he gives his sword to the girl with a black bow before waking to me and hugging me which did catch me off guard but I hugged him back. We separated and looked at each other.

Y/n: It's good to see you, brother.

Nero: Heh, good to see you too, Y/n.

White: Uh, who's this?

Y/n: Weiss, Ruby, Yang, Blake, this is my younger brother Nero.

Nero: Hey there. We're twins.

Y/n: We were separated at a young age and only found out about each other not too long ago. And now here we are.

Yang: Wow, you guys have been through a lot, huh?

Nero: You can say that again. Our dad ripped my arm off because it was some kind of special sword. Also got a girlfriend but somehow I can't compete with Y/n. Somehow he's got you four.

They all blushed a crimson red while Y/n nervously chuckled while scratching the back of his neck but before he could say anything the red one, Ruby, spoke up.

Ruby: And we're sure lucky to have Y/n as our boyfriend!

Weiss: Which reminds me!

Blake: Excuse us, please.

Weiss and Blake grab Y/n's arms and run off with him. I chuckle while Yang groans and Ruby looks confused.

Ruby: Where are they going?

Nero: Probably, uh, playing some games.

Ruby: Without us?

Dante: They deserve some alone time, don't ya think?

Ruby: I guess your right. C'mon, Yang!

Ruby walks off while Yang seems disheartened while slowly walking to follow Ruby. I grab her shoulder causing her to look at me.

Nero: There's always tomorrow.

I pay her on the shoulder before she nodded and walked with Ruby. Dante and I walk through the stadium and to the arena to watch more matches while Y/n has his fun.