Chapter 19

A/n: Thanks to all of you guys for over 1K reads! I hope you guys like the story.

3rd POV

Y/n and Vergil's battle continued after they came back from traveling through multiple different portals. Ruby and the others watch in concern as more powerful shockwaves occur pushing them back and toppling trees.

Winter: We need to get further away!

Dante: Shit, I didn't think their battle would tear a hole in the fucking multiverse! I agree with Winter!

Yang: What about Y/n!?

Nero: If he's lasted this long without dying I'd say he can last a shit ton longer! We have to get outta here!

Weiss: Where do we even go?!

Dante: Vale! Let's go!

They all begin running in the opposite direction to the battle to a nearby bullhead. Once they boarded it the bullhead took off into the sky and followed the airships away from the battle while more powerful shockwaves were felt.

Ruby: *thoughts* Please be ok, Y/n. Please...

The bullhead continues to fly away from the destruction and toward the safety of Vale. Meanwhile, Vergil and Y/n's aura had completely regenerated and they continued battling. Y/n and Vergil's clashes began to become stronger, stronger and stronger with every hit to the point they began to send cosmic ripples throughout the multiverse. The force behind every strike was enough to level Mistral ten times over. They both of them lock blades again creating a deeper crater before it began filling up with water from the giant riven but the power behind every strike Vergil and Y/n exchanged was enough to keep the water away from them and fill up the rest of the crater.

Vergil: What do you gain from this battle?

Y/n: What do you gain from working with Salem?

Vergil: I get information, I get this sword and I get the power to protect all I have left.

Their blades lock and the surrounding water flies away while the ground beneath their feet begins to shatter. They push against each other causing the ground around them to crack again but Y/n was slashed upwards by Vergil but he stabilized himself and quickly blocked a strike from Vergil. Y/n and Vergil began trading blows but every strike they blocked with ease. Y/n and Vergil's blades clashed again which sent a shockwave which could be felt across Remnant. From the deepest caves to the highest mountains, the shockwave was felt all over the planet, felt by every living being, whether it be Faunus, human or Grimm. Dante felt the power of every strike from in the bullhead due to how powerful Y/n and Vergil were fighting. He could feel that neither of them were holding back on each other. Vergil and Y/n continued battling in the sky showing no signs of stopping. Salem watched through the eyes of a nearby Grimm at all the destruction, the damage the two Sparda's had caused. For the first time, Salem was scared. Her blood ran cold with every clash of the blades and every shockwave felt. Vergil and Y/n threw each other to the ground before quickly resuming their battle. Once their blades locked they both knew it would be the last time. Y/n pushed against Vergil with all his strength before delivering a powerful downwards slash sending Vergil to the ground in an incredibly large crater. Y/n landed infront of Vergil before deactivating his SDT as did Vergil. Vergil stood up and slowly walked toward Y/n, Y/n seemed calm but inside he was ready to keep fighting for as long as he had to. Vergil put his hand on Y/n's shoulder like a proud father.

Vergil: You truly are the grandson of Sparda. I shall join you against Salem... son.

[time skip]

The bullhead and multiple airships landed in Vale from Anima with inhabitants of Mistral and nearby towns. RWBY, JNPR, the Maidens, Qrow, Oscar, Dante and Nero all got off the bullhead, but the shockwaves had come to a stop which made them all concerned, mainly team RWBY.

Oscar: You think he won?

Qrow: I-I don't know. That was intense.

Emerald: I didn't realize either of them were that strong. He must've really been holding back all those other times.

Mercury: It's scary just to think what kind of power he might unlock in the future.

Suddenly, two figures land in the park infront of everyone, creating a small crater. Instinctual, RWBY and JNR took out their weapons ready for a fight but once the dust clears, Y/n and Vergil are seen in their SDT forms before quickly changing out of them back into their human forms.

Y/n: Vergil has agreed to join us. We have more than a chance.

Everyone was skeptical of Y/n's claim especially after witnessing what happened in Mistral. Dante walked up to Vergil, the both of them made prolonged eye contact before Dante brought Vergil into a hug which certainly caught him off guard but he returned the hug. Y/n smiled at the reuniting of brothers before getting tackled to the ground by RWBY who had him in a tight embrace.

Ruby: Don't scare us like that!

Y/n: Heh, you knew I could handle myself.

Yang: Doesn't mean we won't worry.

They let Y/n go and he stands up. Sun walks over to him.

Sun: How?

Y/n: How?

Sun: How did you and that Vergil guy separate an entire fucking CONTINENT?!

Vergil: That was the power of Sparda that courses through our veins. Dante also wields similar strength to Y/n and I but he holds back most of the time.

Dante: Which is how I just casually walked into the Spring Maiden vault and just yoinked the relic.

Vergil: That would be the second time you have done so.

Oscar: *Ozpin* The SECOND time?

Dante: Hehe, I may have borrowed the relic from Beacon a couple years back.

Oscar: *Ozpin* WHY?!

Dante: I was bored.

Oscar: *Ozpin* BORED?! YOU STOLE THE RELIC BECAUSE YOU WERE BORED?!

Dante: That's my que to leave. Y/n, Vergil, Nero, I'll meet you at Devil May Cry.

He runs off with an angry Ozpin possessed Oscar chasing after him waving the cane around in anger.