Dream Destination

I was asleep for 2 years

I was asleep for 2 years. I never knew I'd be alive. Buti nalang at hindi ko s'ya nakalimutan. She's still the girl I admire the most. Ngayon narito s'ya sa aking harapan. Pilit kong inaalala lahat ng detalye kung paano ko s'ya minahal.

"Where is your dream destination?" Raven asked me.

“Thailand, Korea, and Japan” I answered. I sighed a bit, and then she smiled at me.

“OMG! Same!” she screamed out of happiness. Maybe one day we'd go there, together. It would be fun.

“Really?” I uttered that with a smile. She's cute and fun to be with.

I was thinking, we could be more than just like this.

“Yes, yes, gusto ko pumunta sa suicide forest”

“You want to go there?” I asked her again while smiling. I was very intrigued by her answers.

“Yes, doon ko gusto mag-suicide, it's in the name, I think maganda doon ako mamatay, wanna join me?”

“No thanks” I smiled and looked at the sunset. She's stealing a glance but I didn't mind. I like it actually.

We stayed sitting on the grass for a long time. Looking at the sunset feeling the warm air hugging us. Kulang nalang ay romantic music for me to feel like I'm inside a novel.

It was magical, and exactly how I remembered.

After 2 years, saan ka na?

My tears began to fall from my eyes down to my cheeks.

I looked at the grave of Raven and laughed while holding a bottle of wine.

“I thought sa suicide forest ka magpapakamatay? But what is this? Nasa Pilipinas ka lang pero patay kana?” I wiped my tears.

“You're so unfair Rav!” I sat down and then the heavy rain falls to cover up my tears. In just a glimpse, she disappeared. She disappeared because of me.

“Mag-isa nalang pala akong pupunta doon? How could you give me your heart? ” I smiled and look at the sky. I heave sighed. I knew the sky was feeling the same thing.

“Alam mo mahal kita, but you're not here” I stand and sighed. There's no tears left for me to cry. Ubos na ubos na ako.

I'm so scared of losing myself that I lose her. Bakit ko hinayaang ibigay n'ya ang puso n'ya sa akin? Sana 'andito pa s'ya, so I can say all the things that I wanted to say. But it's too late.

There is just one thing I am sure of.

I will be a pilot, and if  she's in heaven, I'll fetch her there, bumalik lang s'ya sa piling ko.

And that's now my dream destination.

sa rooftop nakatulala sa mga bituin | kris