Pwedeng tayo, puwedeng Hindi

"Can you stop the car here? May p-puntahan lang ako"

"Pero sir, sabi ni ma'am bawal ka raw magpagabi ng uwi, tsaka may dinner daw po kayo" saad ni Manong Albert.

"No, just tell them that I'll spend my night on the lab" saad ko sabay baba ng sasakyan.

I jumped in front of Wendy and that freaks her out. S'ya, ang aking tinatangi. S'ya ang aking mahal. Ngunit para sa kanya kakompitensya n'ya lang ako.

"What are you doing here brat?" She glared at me.

"Uh, walking home?"

"You're not sure? Look, your car is waiting... " ngumuso sya sa kotse at napangiwi naman ako.

Ba't ba 'di pa sya umuuwi? I signed Manong Albert to go. I heave a sighed and smiled at Wendy.

"Uh, yeah but I want to walk home?" Kinukulang na ako ng hininga. Sa sobrang ganda ba naman ng nurse na ito "may problema ba?"

"You're acting weird, siguro papatulugin mo ako ano? Tapos hindi na ako magigising?!" she shouted that words on my d*mn face.

"Pft, no. Whatever you do, I'm still on top, so why would I bother you? If you deserve it, then you deserve it, just keep that demise of yours and learn to improve"

"Tsk, masyado kang mayabang. Kapag ako naging doctor tatapatan kita" seryoso n'yang saad.

Gabi na nang makarating ako sa bahay, kasi habang naglalakad ay mistulang nag d-debate kami. Ayaw nya talagang magpatalo, ngunit talo pa rin talaga sya.

Every day, I walk home with her and I know I've been catching feelings. Noon pa talaga. Mas lumala lang ngayon.

"Bakit ba naglalakad ka nalang araw-araw?" biglang tanong nya sa akin.

"Uhmm... just because?"

"Tsk, the doctor has no money? Delayed ang sahod? Or or or... you wanted to walk me home" She smiled, and that's the first time she smiled at me genuinely.

"Yes... I mean"

"Huh?"

"Why am I even talking to you, we're not even friends".

"We're not friends?" medyo nadismaya ako sa sinabi n'ya.

"No, why would I be your friend?" She stopped and breathe deeply "you will forever be my enemy" she uttered and closed her door.

Napailing ako at naglakad muli.

After weeks, ako nalang naglalakad mag-isa. We had clashes. She didn't talked to me, no more communication or anything.

I visited the clinic she's running. Her staffs greeted me like I was this nation's president. Being the most famous doctor and the no. 1 neurosurgeon in the Philippines is an honor. Everyone loves me, except for her.

I was allowed to enter her office. Doon nalang daw ako maghintay. I was at the opposite of patience that time, so I looked around. I saw a pink note book lying on her empty table. I looked at it and unexpectedly, it is filled with doodles instead of receipts and notes.

"Can't believe she can actually draw" I turned the pages and saw a familiar face. It's more realistic than any of her masterpiece. My smile worn off when I realized who it was.

It was me.

I closed it immediately when I heard her footsteps.

"W-why are you holding my notebook?" Utal nyang tanong. She could've greeted me first.

"You left it"

"Akin na" pilit nyang agaw sa akin ngunit nilalayo ko ito sa mga kamay nya. I looked directly into her eyes.

"Isa..." she hiccuped and covered her mouth. She tried to run but I got her cornered "what are you d-doing?"

"Tell me..." I moved my face closer to her "do you like me?"

"What?! I was planning to kill you, that's all" I hold back and return her notebook.

"What?" I sighed and smiled "hmm, so it's me you drew? Are you studying my body?"

"As if" she stopped. My world stopped.

"I thought you hated me?" bigla kong tanong sa kanya.

"I did, and I will forever" she ran out of her office without saying goodbye.

I never felt like this before. It feels like I'm swimming in serotonin. She's too obvious and I knew it.

naghihintay ng first move mo | kris