10/ one step closer to your hell

//////////

//////////

In the end, when I finally got to my room I decided that turning into a tiktok sigma guy is not the right decision. But sleeping? Sleeping will always be the correct choice! I organised my bed to be at its peak coziness - soft blankes surrounding me, unnecessary amount of pillows nearby and a plushie. All things found in the closet that housed anything but clothes.

I got ready for the nap of the my life. The moon wasn't shining a lot so no light was going in my room. The house was quiet, most of its residents focused on tasks they had. It was in fact the perfect time for sleeping.

I closed my eyes.

"He...lp....me...." A voice said out of nowhere.

I kept my eyes closed.

"Y/N.....please..." The mysterious voice kept asking for my help.

I opened my eyes in pure disdain.

I got out of my freshly made nest and limped over to the door. When I opened it, there was no one. Absolutely no one.

I looked over the hallway once again before I sighed. Is this a prank? Am I hallucinating?! Am I actually going crazy for real this time?! I went out in the hallway and decided to see if someone wasn't actually hiding. The place stretched away as if never-ending. As I walked and walked I came to a stop. A weird looking staircase that almost seemed like it went on forever. It was cast in slight moonlight that peeked through the window next to it. Everything else was in complete darkness that added a dangerous aura to it.

I put one of my feet on the stairs.

"Y/N." A deep voice brought me back from my thoughts. I turned around and stared at the black-haired demon. He had a scarily serious expression to his face. For the first time I felt truly anxious of pissing him off.

"Boss?" I tried adding some humour to my voice, not wanting to show him how tensed up I actually was. It seemed like he already knew because he stepped a bit closer and I was cornered to a point where I wasn't able to leave without going through him.

"Do not go up the stairs. This place is dangerous for humans." Lucifer kept the serious tone to his voice and for a moment I genuinely wanted to headbutt him and take a run for it. Of course, this time I decided to choose the wise option - talk.

"Why? It's just a staircase?" I asked, as sweetly as I could. His eyes narrowed.

"Because I said so. And while you live in my house, you are obliged to follow my rules. Understand?" He spoke harshly and I nodded at his words. "Good. I hope you follow your promise."

I has one last glance at him before I ran to my room. He did not look happy.

///////////////

"Geez, you look deep in thought. Are you still hung over what Levi said?" Mammon asked me while we were having breakfast. I blinked at him. Honestly, I had forgotten about the situation with Levi when the voice stuff and Lucifer's creepy staircase appeared in my already confusing life.

"Huh? No. I forgot about it. But thanks for reminding me! I can now keep being spiteful! Should I put Levi's name in the military list? Do you guys have something like this here? If not, I can do it when I go back home." I smiled sweetly as if I was not saying the most diabolical threats, thoughts and processed through a mind of great evil. Mammon couldn't do anything but grimace.

"What would that do? He is the Navy's general. Ya know we all went through some stupid training like that." The white-haired demon, very nicely, explained to me.

"Oh, really? Maybe I should sign his name to a social speaking debate class?" I wondered.

"You are evil." Mammon laughed.

"Who is evil? What gossip are you guys sharing without me around?" Asmo appeared out of nowhere and sat next to me. Mammon pointed to me. "Her. We were just talking about signing Levi to a debate class."

Asmodeus put his hand over his mouth as he laughed. "You have been here for only a week and yet here you are...acting like a little demon. So cute." He pat my head but then his cheerful expression turned to a confused one. "Wait, that is a cruel punishment, what did he do?"

"He said that he was embarrassed of people seeing me with him." I answered with a blank expression on my face.

"No, he didn't. He just acted like it." Mammon added. I kicked his leg under the table. "He indirectly said it! I have been going through the five stages of grief since yesterday! Sadness, forgetfulness and now I am up to anger!"

"Oh, I don't think that this is how the stages go, darling. But I will support it!" Asmo smiled at me and pat my shoulder.

"Anger? What happened?" Satan appeared out of nowhere. After a brief explanation, he nodded his head in understanding. "I get it. Why not indulge in pranks with me against Lucifer? Might take your mind out of the situation that you have been going through." The blonde grinned at me and put his head on his hand. "Sounds good, no?"

Flashbacks from the events of yester-night appeared in my mind. No, it did not sound good. My face must have told Satan enough because he immediately asked me what is wrong. "Did something happen?"

In this moment, I saw Lucifer step in the room. He sat on one of the chairs and greeted everyone. Satan followed my eye-sights and sighed when he saw why I went silent. "Maybe we can talk later?"

"We will see. I am going to school now. Bye!" I cleaned myself with a napkin and went to the entryway to put on my shoes.

//////////////

hi, guys!  i wanted to update one last time this year so this chapter may be shorter than usual.  hope you enjoyed it!

this year went by so quickly, i feel nostalgic.  i usually feel nostalgic  but 2024 feels so scary.

anyway enough angst talk! have you guys ever been so delusional over a character that you brought 'wedding rings' (not actual weddings rings) to wear and pretend that you guys are married  or something? no! haha,  sounds silly doesn't it. 😊

have fun! let's make the next year good

have fun! let's make the next year good. better than the last four years at least. 🐭