12/ a duel of the ages!

warning : this chapter contains more sweating than usual

warning : this chapter contains more sweating than usual. :3

///////////

Leviathan's tail trashed wildly in pure anger. I could not help but admire his demon form that I was seeing for the first time even in this awful and dangerous moment.

I hid behind the desk and closed my eyes in an attempt to calm down.

You might wonder how I got here...well it started two days ago...

///////////

"I know something you don't knoooow..." Satan said while we were walking together to the enormous library in the Royal Academy of Diavolo. I raised my eyebrow at this rather rare moment of unseriousness that the blonde demon was showing at the moment.

"I bet." I decide to reply. He is an ancient being. I doubt there is something I know that he doesn't. So consequently, him knowing something that I don't know is also very possible. Satan frowns slightly in confusion. "Are you not going to ask me what I am referring to?"

I turn to look at him and shrug my shoulders. "Sure, what is it?"

He grins slightly. "I have heard about your little duel with Levi. And I might be able to help you. But first, let me ask you...what do you want out of this? Why are you duelling him on something like TSL? Is it a pact?" He leans down, showing actual curiosity in what I will say.

"A pact? Nah, I had enough of those. We just had a stupid fight and you know...I am kind of impulsive...It was either sign him in a social speaking debate club or challenge him to a duel and...you can see which option won in my head." I answer him truthfully and close my eyes in shame. I have no idea what I was thinking. Maybe it was just the spark of the moment.

Satan stays silent and I take a quick glance in his direction to see what is up. He looks like he is deep in thought and we walk a few more steps in the almost never-ending hallway before he speaks again. "Oh, so you really were angry. I can see why. You know...there are only eight books that are currently out for the public but...there is a ninth one that is being written now. If you want to know more...maybe you should go and talk with Simeon, huh?" The blonde-haired man smiles slightly like the cheshire cat and puts his hand on my shoulder. "If you make him lose his cool out of envy...it might be easier to win. But be careful. He is not the third strongest for no reason. You might really be in danger."

I stare at him with widened eyes as I wonder why he thinks I would try to cheat like that. However, a tiny bit of me remains curious about the ninth book. The seven lords was a book series I started with no good intention but in the end it did win my heart.

Maybe when this is all over, Levi and I can finally talk normally again and discuss it...

/////////////