chapter thirty five

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 35 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which it's just another chaotic
day for the friend group before
all the hell will break loose.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(if you're dry readers this chapter i'm making jude cheat on elena xx)

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVES, I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I CANT BELIEVE THIS BOOK IS STILL ALIVE AND RUNNING. 💘💝💓

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

                                     JUDE AND ELENA WERE currently babysitting, but who? you might ask. well, it wasn't ronnie (jude was banned from being a foot close to him after he told him the tooth fairy wasn't real) and it also wasn't hope (jude was banned from seeing her ever since jesse found out he bribed his daughter with skittles). so if it was neither of them, who was it?

emmeline francis styles.

jude and elena were previously getting ready to go on a date when the girl stormed into elena's house, seeming to be very angry. jude immediately ran to hide himself in elena's bedroom, thinking she was mad at him. but after elena had shouted at him to grow a pair, jude realised that he — for once in his life — was not the reason for emily's anger.

"what happened, my love?" elena said, sitting her best friend down on the couch and handing her a cup of hot chocolate, because emily was a proper child and hated tea / coffee.

she stood back up in front of emily, jude wrapping his arm loosely around her shoulder as the couple stared at the girl in concern.

"leah wants lottie back," emily answered harshly as she plopped a marshmallow in her mouth, cringing when she realised how soggy it was.

jude frowned. "so?"

emily snapped her head up to glare at him as jude flinched back in shock, causing elena to laugh. "so jude, lottie is gonna fucking go back to her 'cause she's been in love with leah for three years!"

"but lottie would never do that to you," elena said with a firm shake of her head, feeling jude's hand drop to rest on the small of her back as he noticed her starting to tense.

"oh really?" emily raised her eyebrows. "our whole relationship is literally sex!" she stated, earning a grossed-out look from jude. "she's only ever taken me on one date! we don't even talk. she just comes round, shags me, goes home, says i'm her girl, and calls it a day."

"i didn't need to know that," jude mumbled.

"but you two seem so... happy together," elena said, leaning into jude's embrace as emily watched them bitterly.

"in the nicest way possible, can you two stop being all domestic and cute when i'm ranting about how my girlfriend doesn't care about me?" she quickly snapped back, causing jude to widen his eyes and detach himself from elena hastily. "thank you. and we may seem perfect, but that's only because we're acting like friends in public. at this point we're just friends with benefits."

"but she's always had a thing for you, long before i met you," jude said, and elena nodded her head in agreement.

"she doesn't want anyone else to have me 'cause if leah's gone i'm her last resort," emily shrugged her shoulders. "she's always been like it, and i was too naive to notice. if she's speaking with leah, she's off with me. if she's not speaking with leah, then she's showing an interest in me. but oh! i can't talk to or about other boys! i can't flirt with any girls in front of her! she's protective over me 'cause she doesn't want anyone else to have me, yet she doesn't even want me herself. not when leah's around."