chapter thirty eight

˚ ₊ ♡ ❰ chapter 38 ❱ ⋆ ✰ ₊˚.༄
˚ ₊ ♡ ❰  𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻  ❱ ˖⋆࿐໋ ⋆
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆
— in which social media has
quite literally turned against
elena hamilton.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

(if you're dry readers this chapter i'm leaving wattpad forever.)

            . ˚  ⁺ .  ✦ .  . ✦ .⁺ ˚ .   
. ✦ .  ⁺  . ✦ .    
✦  ✦

IMESSAGE
"jude and elena"

lena 🫶🏽
jude
we need to talk
and i need to explain everything
to you
like right now
i'm so sorry for putting it off
delivered 20m ago

                           ELENA SIGHED AND RESTED her head on olivia's shoulder as she stared down at her phone. jude had been active in the past twenty minutes, yet he was leaving her on delivered. elena  knew that this was definitely karma for her putting off their conversation for so long because of a silly little thing called overthinking.

"you just have to wait now," lottie explained, and elena lifted her head from olivia's shoulder.

emily, lottie, olivia, daniela, chloe,... and trent were around at elena's house for a last minute sleepover. they were here to help her calm down and push her into talking to jude. none of them wanted to leave elena alone when the media had a lot of shit to say about her and this situation, and leaving someone like her lost in their thoughts was not a good idea whatsoever.

her overthinking didn't come out often, and it was only really bad a few years ago when she tended to let her anxiety get the better of her. but the media always brought out elena's bad side, and watching them drag jude and their relationship into it made her go mental.

she hasn't acted like this in a long time; she hated this side of her. her ugly side, she referred to it as. such a confident and talented girl letting all of her childhood insecurities take over. this typically was the side of elena she didn't want any boy to see, it was the main reason why she was putting off her conversation with jude for so long.

elena was afraid that jude would pull away when he met the version of her that she didn't allow any boy — apart from her father — witness.

little did she know just how much jude loved her, and that no matter how she was feeling or acting, there was nothing in this entire world that could ever pull him away from her.

"i'm so stupid," elena mumbled, rubbing her hand along her face. "i never get like this. i'm usually so confident and peoples words never get to me... but fuck, i'm like a different person when people start toying about with my relationship. especially the media. it's just... frustrating."

"we get that, we truly do," daniela nodded, taking a small sip of her hot chocolate and smacking trent's hand away when he attempted to have one of his own. "but you really should have messaged him sooner."

"i know," she admitted. "i just- my dad and i have always hated how the media depicts us. i've never really bothered about them this much before. but having them out there and trying to ruin the best thing that's ever happened to me... my mind just went blank."