7

The next few days went by, and the girls stayed busy in the bookstore. Sofia didn't hear anything else from Chris. But the closer Friday got, the more excited and nervous she became. She was nervous because she was a little afraid of getting close to someone else again, and she knew she needed to tell him that the baby she was carrying was his, but she also was afraid of telling him because she was afraid it would make him scared, and he would never want to see her again. Cassie told her that wouldn't happen, but Sofia still was hesitant to tell him, and decided to just wait and see what the future would hold and what would happen, and if anything would develop between them and he wanted to see her again after this date.

        Friday morning Sofia awoke up and got ready for her day. She grabbed the sundress that Cassie had helped her pick out earlier in the week and grabbed her white sandals to go with it. She packed it in a small bag and took with her to work. The day seemed to drag by. Fridays normally were one the busier days as well as Saturday, but this day seemed slower than normal, maybe it was because she was anxious about her date, but either way the day drug. When lunch time came, she was sitting behind the counter eating with Cassie.

"Are you excited about your date tonight?"

"Yes, but also nervous."

"Why are you nervous? You have been out with him before."

"Yes, but I'm still nervous. I don't know what will happen, and I'm scared of getting close."

"Why? You deserve to be happy Sof and he is the father of your baby."

"I know, but what if I push him away after I tell him."

"Sof, you won't. I've told you I think he will be happy, and I do think he likes you."

"Yeah maybe, I don't know."

"Do you plan on telling him he's the father."

"Not yet. I think I will wait."

"Why? Sofia, you need to tell him."

"I know, and I will but I just want to wait a while before I tell him."

"I think you're making a mistake by not telling him now."

Sofia doesn't answer she finishes her lunch and gets up and helps a young woman and her daughter who had come into the store. The rest of the day seemed to go a little faster and then it was 5 pm an hour before Chris would arrive to pick her up.

"Sof why don't you go ahead and get ready. I can manage the store."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep." She smiles.

Sofia grabs her bag from behind the counter and head to the bathroom to change and she fixes her hair.

Authors note-This is her dress and her hair style.

She comes out of the bathroom and sets her bag on the floor behind the counter. Cassie smiles at her.