8

The next few days go by a little slower than Sophia would have liked. She couldn't wait to see Chris again. Thursday afternoon while Sophia is on her lunch break she gets a text from Chris. She and Cassie are sitting in the bookshop eating the sandwiches they got from the local café across the street.

Chris-Hey, I checked the movies and I don't think there are any playing that you would like or that I would like. I have another idea are you up for it?

Sophia reads the text and smiles.

Sophia-What is the idea? What did you have in mind?

She sees the little bubbles moving telling her he's typing

Chris-It's a surprise. I can't say. Trust me I think you will like. Can I pick you up tomorrow around 4? I know you don't close the shop till 6 but is there anyway you can leave early?

Sophia smiles.

"What are you smiling about?" Cassie asks after she took a sip of her drink.

"Chris wants to take me somewhere tomorrow, but won't tell me where and asked if he can pick me up at 4 tomorrow. Asked if there is anyway I can get done early."

Cassie smiles big. "Oh? Hmmm of course! I can mange the store. Why don't you leave at 2:30 that will give you plenty of time to get ready before he gets there at 4."

"Are you sure? I hate to leave you that early and..."

"Yes I'm sure. I will be fine."

Sophia nods. "Okay."

Sophia-Yes I can leave early. I will see you tomorrow at 4. I will be at my house. I am leaving work early.

Chris- ☺️ I can't wait to see you! I will see you tomorrow at 4.

"So uh.. what should I wear tomorrow? Should I wear a dress?"

"Well since I don't know where he is taking you its hard to say. A dress is cooler and looks good on you, shows off your legs."

Sophia laughs. "Cassie!"

"Well it does and guys love girls legs, but of course Chris is an ass man.'

"Cassie! What!"

"He is. He has said that before in interviews."

Sophia lightly shoves Cassie's arm. "I can't believe you said that!"

"But its true. Look it up."

"That's okay. I will just trust you on that. I will find something. I guess we need to get back to work."

"What's the rush. We don't have any customers yet."

"I need to check the selves and get ready for the story hour that will happen in a little bit." Sophia says and takes a sip of her water and walks over to the book corner and sets up the story hour.

After the story hour, where Sophia read a story to the kids, it is busy. Lots of people are buying and looking at books. By the time the last customer leaves hours later both girls are tired. Cassie moves the open sign to closed. "Wheh that was a busy day!"

"I hope your not that busy tomorrow. I will feel bad if I leave early and your full like that. You will need my help."

"Sof, I will be fine. I promise. I want you to go have fun. You deserve it, especially since you get to go out with Chris Evans!"

Sophia smiles. "Well I guess I will head home."

"Did you want to grab something to eat then we could head to your house and I can help you pick an oufit?"