Chapter 1: End to the rebuking portrait

Grimmauld Place wasn't as bad as Y/n thought. It was just an old mansion with an old lady's portrait wailing and scolding everyone loudly. She sat in the dining room with Sirius and Remus, waiting for Harry to arrive.

'Sirius, just put a Silencio or something on that fucking thing!', she said, after being scolded by his mother, Walburga Black for the nth time.

'Y/n!', said Remus, referring to her swearing.

'It's not working, Y/n', he said. 

'Remove it then'

'Couldn't either, she has put some charm on it'

'----Mudbloods! filth!---', she heard her scream.

'Sirius, Mind if just damage your mum's portrait?'

'I don't', said Sirius casually. 'Besides, she never treated me like her son'

'Fine', said Y/n. 'Accio Kitchen knife!' , She said waving her wand towards the drawer. A sharp kitchen knife swam into her hands. She smirked at Sirius who smirked back.

The portrait still wailing and yelling at everyone who walks by still continued, Y/n took her knife out,

'Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers--'

She stabbed it right in the middle, and glass pieces shattered down with a loud clanking noice and broke into a million pieces, The portrait was silenced, It didn't speak a word after that.

'That's what you get when you mess with Y/n Granger', she said spinning the knife in her hand, She just noticed that the entrance door was opened and three faces looking at her, in an absurd manner.

'Hey, Harry!', she went and hugged him.

'Er, can I ask you what the hell were you doing---'

Mrs. Weasley descended downstairs with a loud gasp, 'Oh Merlin! How did this break!?', she squealed. 

'That's me!', Y/n said happily. 'Don't worry Mrs. Weasley, I'll clean it up in no time!', she pulled out her wand from her pocket, and said,'Scourgify!' with another wave from her wand, the glass pieces flew into the dustbin by themselves. Y/n grinned with a shrug, like nothing happened.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

 Y/n made The Levitation charm  to take Harry's stuff upstairs, she helped Molly with dinner, she stayed down, just to tell Sirius about Jenna.

Upstairs, Hermione and Ron, happily welcomed him. There was a soft whooshing sound and something white soared from the top of a dark wardrobe and landed gently on Harry's shoulder.

'Hedwig!'

The snowy owl clicked her beak and nibbled his ear affectionately as Harry stroked her feathers.
'She's been in a right state', said Ron. 'She pecked us half to death when she brought your last letters, look at this —'
He showed Harry the index finger of his right hand, which sported a half-healed but clearly deep cut.'Oh yeah', Harry said. 'Sorry about that, but I wanted answers, you know...'

'We wanted to give them to you, mate', said Ron. 'Hermione was going spare, she kept saying you'd do something stupid if you were stuck all on your own without news, but Dumbledore made us —'

'— swear not to tell me', said Harry. 'Yeah, Hermione's already said'.

'What did I miss?', Y/n said in a sing song tone as she poked her head through the door.

'Hey, uhm... Y/n', Harry said weirdly. 'How is your friend Kate'