Chapter 6: The lost Potions essay and the worst day ever.

Y/n came to the Gryffindor common room after the detention. Harry and Ron were writing their essays, copying from Hermione's. Hermione on the other hand was knitting woolly hats. 

'You could've bewitched the needles', Y/n suggested. 

That is when they noticed she had arrived, from somewhere,.

'Y/n! where were you?', demanded Hermione.

'With Malfoy'

'What?', Harry blurted out.

'I-I mean... Detention', she stuttered. 'McGonagall gave us... we got into a fight and we were yelling... yeah, yelling in the corridors'

'I thought only using spells in the corridor will result in a detention', said Ron. 'Now talking too'

'Yelling', She corrected him. 'I have to give my potions essay to Zach and Kitty'

'Your Hufflepuff friends? Do they still talk with you?', asked Harry. 'I mean... You're friends with me and---'

'Oh, It's no problem... They know about me... and I know about them', said Y/n. 'Only Aziel... you know'

'Yeah... have you finished your essay?', Harry asked. 

'I did... why's everyone asking the same question!?'

'I never see you work on them', said Ron. 'Besides, you wake up late'

'Shut your fat mouth, Ronald Weasley, I do my homework at midnight', said Y/n. 'I'm not Hermione... you know that'

'Midnight?... you must be a night owl', said Harry.

'I know that', Y/n snapped. 'I'll send my essay through, Hedwig... is that okay Harry'

'Uh... um.. Okay'. 

With that, Y/n went to the girls' dormitory and got her, three and a half length, parchment paper, wrote her name and rolled it. She wrote a small note to Zach and Kitty which read:

"Hey, Kit and Zach
        Got into trouble on the way (Btw, I'll explain later)and that's why I'm sending this through Harry's owl now. Send it back to me... after you've completed. Bye.
Love,
Y/n. "

'Better', she said to herself and went to the boys' dormitory, to find Hedwig. She was cleaning her feathers, and hooted happily as soon as she saw Y/n. 

'You like me more than Harry, don't you?', she asked Hedwig playfully. She hooted, for which Y/n interpreted as Yess!. She giggled and tied the parchement on her beak.

'Deliver it to Kit-- Katelyn Hollingberry, Hufflepuff common room'. She hooted again and took flight from the window.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

'Sent it?', Harry asked as she took a seat beside him, leaning on the leg of an armchair.

'Yep', she said. 'Hedwig likes me more... she said it herself'

'She's mad at me... I didn't learn her language anyway', he shrugged casually. 

'Well done', Y/n sighed. 'Now... where have you come'

'The essay?', he said. 'Not even half way through'

She laughed. She knew Harry was a Last minute guy in everything. Even for asking her out during the yule ball.

'Yeah... keep doing everything in the last hour', said Y/n. 'Like, how you asked me to the yule ball'

'You said no anyway'