Chapter 17

The girls were all in Brighton for their game against Norway. It was Sophie's first time being captain for England  as Leah said she wanted a break. Sophie was out training with the girls in her tank too and had put Lucy to the back of her mind. She was sharing with Leah while at this hotel and they were becoming great friends. Sophie was taking shots at Mary smiling watching her 'good job' she encouraged as she stopped one of her shots. Sophie wrapped her arm around Mary walking inside with her.

Lucy watched the pair sighing heavily Beth looked at Lucy 'I know she won't talk to you with good reason she will in time' she said 'she's been better more cheerful more confident' she said looking at her Lucy looked 'should I have gone to Barca?' She asked 'you're a fool for turning them down but I can see why you did' she said with a smile. 'She still loves you you know' Lucy looked 'she does?' She asked looking at her Beth nodded with a smile  'but you have to talk to her 'Leah sniffing around her' she said  Lucy laughed 'really? I'm not supprised' she said 'Sophie is the best thing to grace the planet.' Lucy said  Beth smiled and left her to it. Sophie sat with Leah at lunch talking about the game with a smile on her face. Lucy watched the pair biting her lip. Sophie looked at Lucy with a smile then leaned in to whisper something into Leah's ear watching Lucy grip the fork with a smirk on her face. This was a plan that the three of them had cooked up to see how long it would take Lucy to do something.

Leah smirked looking at Sophie and pretended to lean in and kiss her. Lucy jumped up whacking her knee on the table with a loud bang and Sophie and Leah jumped as well as the rest of the girls and looked at Lucy 'you alright Luce' Sophie called with a chuckle as she sat back down with a glare to her fellow defender.