Chapter 3 - Do You Remember?

[Word count - 558]

Same day...

Location - The Park

Your POV

"Do you remember me?" Uika asked.

"Remember you?"

I thought about what she said for a moment. But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to remember Uika.

"Sorry, I don't think I do." I said.

Uika let out a sigh as soon as I said that. 

"I had a feeling you wouldn't... It has been a while since we last saw each other." She said.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Well, before meeting at the planetarium, we met before that." She said.

"We have? Where?"

"At school, back when we were little kids." Uika said before proceeding to have a flashback moment.
_____________________________________________

Flashback to many years ago...

Uika's POV

I remember that day like it was yesterday. The sensei came in and told us that a new student was joining us for the first time. That new student... was you, (Y/N).

Back then, you were really shy and didn't talk much. I always wanted to talk to you, but sadly, you always wanted to be alone. I wanted to be your friend, but out of fear, I was scared that you were going to push me away like what you were doing with the other students.

I always wanted to make sure you felt included in everything we were doing. But instead, you shyly just looked away, and that broke my heart a little.

I didn't want to give up on you. At the time, I thought...

"If I became his friend, he'll become more comfortable around his classmates."

But before I could do more, you transferred to another school, which broke my heart a little bit. I was really hoping to get to know you, but that chance never came.
_____________________________________________

End of flashback...

Your POV

Hearing that story got me thinking. It was true that I was struggling to fit into my new school, and I always had a feeling that someone was watching over me. Now I have to wonder... was that person Uika? 

"Do you remember now?" She asked.

"I mean, yeah, I kind of do." I answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah. You were right, I was kind of struggling to fit into that school. Everyone always seemed so nice with each other, and I felt like I didn't belong there..." 

Then I start to say something that I might regret saying later on. 

"However, I don't remember you being there at all..."

Uika made a sad face. 

"Oh, I see..."

"Sorry to disappoint you."

Uika sadly shakes her head. 

"Don't worry about it. I should get going." 

Before I could say anything more, Uika started to walk away. All I can do is just sit here on this bench and feel bad about what I said.

But it was true... I couldn't remember her no matter how hard I try... Was Uika telling the truth? Was she really trying to be that guardian angel who was watching over me?

To be continued

A/N: Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: A Stormy Romance

Shout-out to xguytxt_ for becoming a recent follower.

Shout-out to Mohd_Hamizan and KID-Z4P for adding The Bushido Way to their reading list