Chapter 4 - Trying to Remember

[Word count - 842]

A few days later...

Location - Misumi Residence

Uika's POV

The last few days have been pretty depressing... I mean, sure, I have been focusing on school and playing my part in Sumimi, but... there was something on my mind, or rather... someone.

It broke my heart when he said that he didn't remember me. I know not everyone has a perfect memory, but still... why am I taking this so personally? This isn't like me at all. 

While sitting on the couch, practicing the guitar, I heard a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone to come over at this hour, so who could it be? I put my guitar down, and I walked over to the door. When I opened it, I saw (Y/N) standing on the other side. I don't know what it is, but just seeing him there just makes my heart break even more. 

"Listen, Uika, I'm sorry for what happened a few days ago." He said. "I don't know why I said what I said..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"You're... sorry?"

"Yeah, but I'll understand if you don't want to forgive me right away, or at all for that matter."

I see that he has the heart to apologize. It was really sweet of him to do. After a few seconds of silence, I decided to let out a smile.

"It's fine. I forgive you." I said before speaking again. "But you really don't remember, do you?"

"No, I don't." He replied. "I was thinking you can come with me to the school and see if you can help me remember."

I nodded at his offer.

"Sounds like a good idea to me." I said.

After putting on my shoes and coat, (Y/N) and I headed off to the same school we used to go to.
_____________________________________________

30 minutes later...

Location - Old School

Your POV

Uika and I made it to the school we went to as kids. While walking there, there were some things that were coming back to me, like walking this way to school with my mother. Hopefully I can remember more once we get there.

Sadly, what happened next took us by surprise... Once Uika and I made it to the school, we saw that it has been destroyed. Our hearts were broken by looking at the damage.

"No way... the school is gone." Uika said as I can see the sad look on her face.

"I wonder what happened to it?" I start to question.

"I think I can answer that."

Uika and I looked over to wear that voice was coming from, and we see an older woman standing before us. She did looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Sensei, is that you?" Uika asked.

"Yes, it's me." She answered. No wonder she looked familiar, this is the same teacher I had growing up.

"It's good to see you again." Uika said and smiled at her.

"It's good to see you guys, too." She responded with a sweet smile.

"Yeah, likewise." I said before getting straight to the point. "So, can you tell us what happened to the school?"

"The school was destroyed during a terrible snowstorm a few years. Thankfully it happened during winter break, so everyone survived, but... I'm afraid there was nothing we could do to repair the school." She said.

"Oh, that is awful..." Uika said.

I can't argue with that... Now that the building is unusable, what will happen to it?

"Oh well, though..." The old teacher spoke up. "The school had a good run, and I'll miss seeing the smiles on my students faces."

The teacher looked at the destroyed school, and then back at us.

"I'll never forget the times where Uika-chan would try to include you in everything, (Y/N)-kun." She said.

Both Uika and I were confused.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.

"You might've forgotten, but one time, we did a school project, and Uika asked you to be your partner."

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Uika said.

It was at that very moment that everything started to come back to me. I remember going to this school, and I do remember the struggles I endured. But more importantly, I remember Uika and that smile of hers...

"I... finally remember..." I said.

"You do?"

"Yeah, I do." I said and looked at Uika with a smile.

She looked back at me with a smile of her own. Now I can 100% say for sure that Uika was indeed... my childhood friend.

To be continued

A/N: Oh my god, the amount of struggles I went through while writing this...
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Next book to update: My Five Idols

Shout-out to Wholes_ for becoming a recent follower.

Shout-out to Asahina_Akira for adding The Silent Guitarist and Mohd_Hamizan for adding What The Heart Wants to their reading list.