12: Blech! My Eyes!

*Video above is a hint for the next chapter*

     We hop out, and I'm greeted by the honk of my brothers blue rusted dodge charger. A chorus of "Hiiii"s come from the people in it. Next to it parks Zahra's car, and there are more hellos that come with it.
   Jada comes out shirtless –--blech! My eyes!---, his chest painted in amber, like moms arrows, and amber his face has my burnt brown arrows and mom's red ones. He's wearing black basketball shorts, and shin high boots identical to Dakotas. And his shaggy, straight brown hair, has tan feathers, with dark brown beads.
   "I taught you well," mom admires, lightly tugging on our braided hair. We both groan in complaint. Mom giggles. Our group, Jada, Elijah, Mom, Zahra, Dakota, Aspen, Tommy, Zoey, Jackson, Seth, Eliza, Yana, Kristen, Katherine, Wayne, Harley, Pete, Zach, Lola, Ted, caleb, Melanie, Maxwell, Faye, and Connor all walk up to the entrance to find Mrs. Michaelson working the entrance fees.
  "Hi, Mom," Dakota and Elijah bore out.
  "Hi, Darlings!" Mrs. Michelson squeezes out excitedly "Ah, Bladen! It's such a pleasure to see you!" I wave shyly. "And--" she cuts off at the sight of my mom, who has tears forming in her eyes. "N-Natalie?" Mrs. Michelson's voice wavers. Mom nods and smiles through her tears.
Thank god our makeup is waterproof. What? I'm a dancer, and I sweat! I am sentimental, you know, I'm just not into really mushy....I'm going to shut up now.
"Hi, Alice," Mom chokes out before Mrs. Michelson runs to her and hugs her.
"I-I thought you were dead!" Mrs. Michelson cries.
"I know," Mom sobs along with her. Eventually, they part, and Dakota and Elijah stay back with Mom to explain our new living situation.
"Do you think Dad is looking for you?" Jada asks me as we walk to our stage.
"I'm positive, Jada," I respond grimly. The rest of the walk is silent, filled with thoughts of Mom being reunited with Mrs. Michelson. Mom told me that, back in middle school, when she was pregnant, so was Mrs. Michelson, and they'd been best friends since kindergarten. The difference though, between the two friends, is that one marriage remained pure love, whilst the other became violence and fear.
That's probably the one thing I was jealous of about the twins. Their parents hadn't lost their love. But, even so, I think they've suffered the most out of us. They didn't fall from the lack of love, they fell because of death.
I'm snapped out of my haze by Jada, whose back I've just run into. I rub my poor nose and say, "oops, sorry, Jada, I was just thinking."
He glances at me from over his shoulder and smiles. Ugh, I hate his height. He's 6'3". Friggin'. 6'.3". Why, Mother Nature? Why did you have to make me 5'3" even? A whole foot!!! Andy BIERSACK, his bouncer, Jada, Elijah, Mason (as much as I hate to say it) are all 6' " and up.
Anyway, Jada responds with, "That's okay, B, but we're here. You sure do space out a lot, if I do say so myself. " I roll my eyes and Jada laughs. Kristen walks up next to him and playfully slaps his arm.
"Don't be mean, Jada, she's still the best dancer here. "
"Burn!" The whole crew shouts, and Jada feigns hurt while I laugh and say my 'thank you's to Kristen. Jada tries to pour and sulk with a "whatever," but you can see the corner of his lips twitching, begging to break out into a smile. We eventually all die laughing, which probably looks seriously creepy to Dakota, Mom, and Elijah, who're just walking in.
"Um, did we miss something, or is the sky falling?" Dakota teases.
"I'm pretty sure you missed something, Chicken Little," I tease back. She makes a pouty face before sticking her tongue out at me, and suddenly, our whole group is dying with laughter.
  "Okay, we're ready for you guys," one of the workers states, poking his head of of the curtains in front of us. We all calm down as well as we can before nodding in acknowledgment, allowing him to get back to his work.
  "Good luck," Mom and Dakota cheer.
  "It's friggin' hot," Elijah complains. "I mean, go get 'em!!" He adds when Dakota slaps him upside the head.
  "Thanks," I beam, and the crew and I slip behind the curtains, leaving the rest of my family to find spots. I turn on my phone and text Mom:

B- I'll b looking 4 u guys! Try 2 get front row! Lots pf pple come 2 this so hurry!

N- kk Hun. We can't wait 2 c u!
N- omg
N- Bladen, your father is here.