24: Blade, Meet Blade

*four months later*
I sigh, quickly zipping up Ski's two suitcases. Talia had Blade, the boy, a month into the tour, and so they had to wait three months to come back, since they were in Vancouver. Three extra months, this little girl helped fix me, and now I have to watch her leave too. My eyes well up with tears.
"Please don't cry, B!" The girl begs, tears already streaking her face. I kneel down to hug her.
"It's okay, Ski. Besides, your parents and your new brother will be here soon."
"That's right, little flower!" Kristen coos, walking into my room. For the last four months, I've stayed in Mom's room, while Ski used my bed. I didn't mind. I chose to stay in Mom's room. It was as close as I could get to her now.
Anyway, Kristen is about ready to have her kid, already eight months pregnant. She was three months when she'd found out, but the past five months have passed faster than E---

No. No. I can't think about him. I can't.

Anyway, Kristen decided that she wanted any information about her baby that doesn't involve it's health to be a secret, so we don't know the gender.
Before I can get lost in my thoughts, I hear the doorbell ring, and I quickly open it. Talia Culpepper hands the baby to her husband, and kneels down to catch Ski, who had rushed to meet her parents. I smile at the sight before walking over to greet the Culpepper Family.
"Hi James, Talia, it's nice to see you again. And who might this young fella be?" I coo, and the blonde baby giggles back at me in response, his brilliant blue eyes sparkling in excitement.
"This, little lady, is the newest addition to the family, Blade. And apparently, your the Culpepper whisperer, because you're the first stranger he's laughed at, let alone smiled. "Video laugh at this.
"Blade," Talia pauses, scooping up Ski and placing her on her hip, "meet Blade."
We all laugh and converse for a while longer, talking about the next time Ski can come visit me, and when I can babysit the two kiddos.
"We felt bad that you had to deal with the certain issue from the beginning of the tour," James has to pause, taking a breath, his eyes darkening. I decide to lighten the situation.
"Ski's been seeing Dr. Susan Toms, right, sweetie?"
"Oh yeah! Mommy, she's so cool, she has a ferret!"
"She's been helping her...cope," I say simply, and Talia's eyes light up in appreciation.
"With everything you've done, Blade, I don't know how to repay you."
"This little flower's company was payment enough," I say, tapping Ski's nose lightly to emphasize my point. She giggles.
"Here's another check, for the extra work. I sigh; taking the check. The check for two months had been around six hundred dollars, so I'm scared to see this one.
Eventually, they leave, and I sigh to myself. Kristen puts her hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you go dance with your crew? They always seem to make you feel better."
I nod, and go to my room the get ready. Pulling my maroon hair into a ponytail, I grab a sports bra and a pair of black joggers, quickly changing into them. Putting on my black and salmon adidas, I make my way to my jewelry box to trade my complicated septum piercing for a simple horse show ring.
I then grab my phone and earbuds, and make my way to the front door.
  "I'm going out!" I call out to Kristen, and stick my earbuds in my ear, starting the run to the studio.
  It seems like seconds before I'm there, and the crew is all here.
  "Blade? What's up, chika?" Zahra starts, surprised.
"Look, the golden girl is here," Logan mocks, but everyone ignores him. We all kind of ignore what he says, unless it's helpful.
"We need to practice for the two competitions we have tomorrow," I say, and Seth clears his throat.
"You mean the two you have? We only have one." Eliza slaps him upside the head.
"She didn't particularly know yet," Kathrine snaps, and Tommy nods his head in agreement.
"Know what?"
"That you, golden girl, have a solo that represents us after our group competition," Logan smirks, flicking me on the nose. I glare at him, shoving him back a bit. Then I process what he said.
It's dead silent.
"WHAT?!"
*. *. *. *. *. *
I sigh, sliding out of Mom's bed, getting ready for the competition for today. I quickly gather my body paints and SFX shadow palettes, stuffing them into my Pierce the Veil Collide With the Sky beach bag. Then, I grab my costume, as well as a slight rose tinted crop top, and high waisted stretchy fleece leggings.
Helping Kristen into my car, I drive down to the Vibe XX venue. Our theme that we were assigned was Dia de los Muertos, the day of the dead. when we heard the theme, I locked myself in my room for five days, and just cried, following my usual routine: put on Mason's jacket and shirt, slide under Mom's comforter,clutch the twin teddy bear to my chest, and stare at Elijah's photography camera while I cry. The camera, a few shirts, an old hoodie, and Elijah's favorite Vinyls are all I have left of the boy. I don't even have Dakota anymore: she went missing the day her brother died.
Snapping out of my thoughts, I help Kristen out of the car and drag her tithe seating area, making sure she's comfy in her reserved seat. Then, I head backstage to get ready. Literally as I'm sliding the big rose in my hair, I hear our crew being announced.
*. *. *. *. *