10: Check Box

The band laughs and immediately gets to work as Mikki and Sam start asking for autographs. Suddenly, my phone goes off:

D- Helloooo?? Did you die in there???

I quickly respond with:

B- sorry, BVB is here. Thing 1 and 2 made me work a part of their shifts. getting xtra $$ tho.

with that, I find some paper and pull a pen out of my back pocket, since I always keep pens in there, and scribble down a note for Black Veil Brides, saying that I have to go, and that I'll see them tomorrow. I also write down my number for them, but feel silly after. I'm just an average, 17 year old girl, who's birthday is rapidly approaching, due to the fact that it's already June 17. Why would a famous band want to know a nobody like me? I shake my head, and leave the note be, slipping behind the counter to put the note in Andy's bag.

As I'm walking out the store, Bouncer Man gives me stink eye, and walks in front of me. I scowl at him and say, "You already set off the store alarm, so can you not, man with the scary face?" i see the beginning of the beginning of a verrrrrryy ghost smile appear, and he moves, letting me stomp away, grumbling.

I leave the mall and hop into my '67, starting it up. "Finally! i was starting to think that Mikki might've killed you!" Dakota complains.

"More like Sam," snorts Elijah. yeah, they have their own problems with Thing One and Two. I sigh.
  "Look, I got squeezed by mobs, pushed out of the store, had to punch the burglary code, helped angry customers, I got tackled twice, and I code Purpled." They gasp when they hear the childhood code name. It was the code for when my scratching got out of hand.
  "Sorry," they mutter, obviously feeling guilty. I sigh.
  "I'm sorry too," I apologize, and they both hug me.
  "Oh, by the way, your mom crashed backseat," Dakota days, and I smile.
  "That's, okay, lest her sleep. God knows it's some of the best sleep she's had in a while. Can you drive to the Diner, E?" Elijah nods and Jumps into the drivers seat, while I climb to the back and carefully lift Mom's head onto my lap.
  When we pull up to the diner, Dakota stays with Mom while Elijah and I go for the checks. The Diner is  one of the only places that, even if you give your address, they still make you go and pick up your checks. We go to the "Check Box" which is what our boss/cook calls the divider he puts our checks in because he's too lazy to hand them to us. Basically, it's behind the front counter, and you go to the hostess, tell her your picking up your check, give them your thumb print if she doesn't recognize you, and then she gives you your check. So after all of that, Elijah and I leave with the three checks (everyone knows only one twin picks up both checks.)
  We rush to the car and pass out the checks. Yet again, everyone stays in the car while I go into Sea World to get my check.
  As it would turn out, world spread that I got attacked, so I guess a whole bunch of audience members started a donation box for me, and one of the divers handed it to me. Huge box full of cash? Yes please!!
  I stuff my check into the filled up box and jog back out to the car, and stick the box under my seat while I climb back into the car and settle Mom back on my lap. I already got the check from the show yesterday, so we just head back to the Michelson's house. On the way home, I think of my life. My Dad stopped pretending to love me the day I saw his true nature. Yes, I have a '67 Impala, nice clothes, piercings, and yeah, I have a decent amount of income for a senior, but that's because ever since I was 14, I've had three jobs at the very least.
  I've saved up for everything I wanted, including my car that Mason did want to take, but Dad bought him a sports car, And I got to keep my Impala. I saved up to be able to afford the hot topic clothes, and get a lip piercing at one point, I worked at fantastic Sam's with Daniela and Katie, sweeping floors and taking calls. I've worked my way up and I've been through hell. I do you feel as if I deserve the things I have, and that I shouldn't be judged for being me, but a part of me doesn't care, and that part of me doesn't want to believe the part of me is a monster.
  But I know that part of me is wrong, and that I have to fight it. But it gets tiring, and I sometimes lose to it. We pull up to the house, and I quickly stuff all of my checks in the box.
  "You guys go, I'll wake up mom." They nod. Once the twins are inside I shake my mom awake.
"Mama, mom. Wake up, mommy," I coo, and her eyes flutter open.
  "Blade?" She asks.
  "Yeah, mom. You need to wake up. It's 11:45, and Dad goes to work right about now. Mason is in summer school 'till four," I start she nods for me to continue. "Dad doesn't get out 'till five, and I still have a key. We need to get out stuff."
We pull up to Dad's house, and make sure his car isn't in the driveway. Nope. Empty. I park the car the car in the driveway and we both rush out. It's 12:00. Four hours until anyone's home. I open the door and mom rushes into the house, towards her and the monster's room. I quickly close the door and mom comes flying back with two silver suitcases. She hands one to me.
"45 minutes. That's all I can handle. " I nod in understanding. She's gone again and I quickly move up the stairs to my room.
I grab all of my jeans, most of my tops, my iPod, It's charger, my bad CDs and their posters, my alarm clock, undergarments, sketchbooks, more wallets I forgot last time, band March, and jewelry I couldn't leave behind, like the Cherokee bird bracelet grandma May, mom's grandma, left me.
I also grab the teddy bear Mason got me, you know, when he used to love me, and I grab some of my piercing and makeup kits. I grab my Asking Alexandra hard covered laptop and stuff it with my Jazz, formal, and free style dance shoes, along with some normal ones. I reach under my bed and grab my Baggie of old drawings, but only grab one since I can't find my second.
The bags contain old sketches, paintings, pictures of scenery I took, and pictures from when we were a happy family. I can't find my pouch of razors, so I'll probably have to leave that, and I decide to take the old dress my dad bought me when I was five.
My Dad had bought an old, blain white dress and decided to write what I now know to be lies all over it, things like 'I love you' 'you're an angel' 'you'll be safe' 'I'm proud to be your father' and the list goes on. I'd loved it as a kid, and I remember still wishing it would fit.
I put all of the belongings that don't fit in my backpack in my favorite ivory colored knit blanket, tying it up and leaving it there while I take my suitcase downstairs. My mom meets me there and sighs in relief. "Fifteen minutes to spare," she muses.
I smile back, and say, "wait for me in the car. It's open." she nods and pulls our suitcases out of the house while I go to Mason's room to find a backpack.
I walk in and gasp. His normally tighty room is now practically broken, with his bathroom mirror shattered, and pieces of furniture everywhere. His clothes are littered on every inch of the floor, and I have to fight them to get to his bed.
I'm pretty shocked by what's there. The Teddy bear I'd bought Mason, identical to the one he'd given me, is sitting on his very messy bed, along with a picture of us holding each other while we sleep. Next to it is one of him hugging me while I'm crying. I pick that one up and shove it into my pocket, my hands shaking the whole time. I swiftly slide everything that was on his bed onto the floor: the missing Baggie from under my bed, the pictures, the teddy bear, and---
Oh my god.
My pouch of now blood-covered razors. I swipe those up and rush to the bathroom and flush the pouch down the toilet, tears in my eyes. It's my fault.
I shake the thought away as I make my way back towards the bed, and I quickly make it up, and pick up the items, sticking the bear in between the pillows, and stuff the picture of us in its paws. I then take all of the baggies contents and put them in a neat pile, laying them in front of the bear.
I decide to pick up the glass and throw them away, along with the wood, and I put his clothes in his hamper. Then I fix the crooked posters and pictures on his wall, making my way to his closet.
I find a huge camouflage print computer backpack and take it, along with his Slash shirt and Leather jacket. I stuff them into the bag and make my way towards the door.
I stop in my tracks. I pick up a pen from the floor and a piece of paper I find on his messed up desk and write in my neat cursive:
Goodbye, my Twin. I truly do love you.
I lay it on the bed at the bear's feet and quickly rush to my room, stuffing the blanket containing my items in the backpack. I walk out of the house and lock it up for the last time, and I drop the keys outside the door. I'm finally leaving the cursed house, and to it I say goodbye.

It was really hard to write, and yeah. Ok bye!!!