Prologue: Last One to Live

*Note: This story is very much inspired by AlanBall22's "Alone in a brand new world" go check it out, it's an awesome story!

Along with other Splatoon stories!*

Bunker
12,000 Years Ago
~~~~~

We begin inside a bunker, with an odd looking pod stationed on one of it's walls and two people standing in front of it.

One of these people was wearing a lab coat and holding a clipboard, while the other was an old man wearing old classy casual clothing and holding a cane.

Scientist: "Everything seems to be in order, all we have to do is wait for him to arrive."

They said to the old man who was looking at the pod with a solemn expression.

*Note: (g/n)= Grandfather name*

(g/n): "Well he better hurry, we don't have much time left."

Scientist: "Don't worry Mr.(l/n); your grandson will be fine, we still have time left."

As they said that, both of them heard footsteps behind them. Turning around they saw (y/n): the man chosen for this experiment.

(g/n): "Ah there you are boy!"

He said smiling at the sight of his grandson and hugged him. With (y/n) returning the gesture.

(y/n): "Hey old man, how are you? And what's going on?"

(g/n): "I'm doing fine son, now, I know this will be a lot to take in and very sudden; but i need you to get in this here pod!"

He exclaimed, leading (y/n) towards said pod, while the young man was very confused and concerned.

(y/n): "What? Wait slow down old man! Why do you want me in this pod?"

Before the old man could answer, the scientist decided to speak up.

Scientist: "Because, there's not much time left before we go extinct."

They said making (y/n) freeze and stare at them with wide eyes.

(y/n): "Wha- Extinct?!"

Scientist: "Correct, I'm sure you're aware of the ongoing world war, turns out that nuclear missiles were launched towards the antarctic, melting tons of snow and ice."

"Thus, rapidly flooding the earth."

They said as (y/n) still stared at them in disbelief.

(g/n): "That right son, the world's a endin'! And you've been chosen to be frozen in that there pod to survive!"

He poked his grandson on the chest with his cane, getting his attention.

(y/n): "I- Will that work? Wait, what about you? Aren't you also going to be frozen?"

He asked making his grandfather give him a sad smile

(g/n): *Sigh* "No son, there's only one pod, besides; I've been alive for a long, long time. I served in a world war, lived through a cold war and now this. That over a 100 years of living!"