CH 5: More Zapfish Retrieved!

Somwhere Not in Inkopolis
~~~~~

(y/n) opened the grate and climbed out before closing it. He adjusted his things and unwrapped his rifle as a familiar voice got his attention.

Marie: "You're here late."

Looking up, he saw Marie standing in front of the cabin while twirling her umbrella over her shoulder.

(y/n): "H-Hey Marie, sorry that I'm late, I was caught up in some things with my friends. And also I don't have a way to get here faster."

He scratched the back of his head and awkwardly smiled as Marie nodded in understanding.

Marie: "I understand, will this become a daily occurrence then?"

(y/n): "I'm afraid so yes, I'll also have to leave earlier than everyone else. But that won't stop me from helping!"

He smiled widely at her before looking around.

(y/n): "Where's Ange- I mean 4?"

Marie turned her head back in the direction of the kettles.

Marie: "She collected the rest of the zap fish here and is out doing the boss kettle right now. She insisted on waiting for you, but it was getting late, so I sent her on her way."

A silent "oh" left (y/n)'s mouth as he slowly nodded.

(y/n): "...Well, what can I do while I wait for her?"

Marie: "Perhaps you can tell me about yourself? I've always wanted to know more about humans."

She gave (y/n) a small smile before going over to the bench in front of the cabin and sat down. Then she patted the spot next to her.

(y/n) smiled back as he went up and sat next to her as he leaned his rifle against the bench.

(y/n): "Alright sure! What do you want to know?"

Marie: "Well, first of all... Is it ok if I touch your hair?"

She looked away for quick second as (y/n) looked at her, a little taken aback before nodding.

(y/n): "Sure."

Marie looked back at him before smiling as she brought her hand up to his head and gently patted his hair.

Marie: "It's... Quite soft."

She smiled as she kept patting (y/n)'s head in awe, finding it fascinating at how soft it was.

(y/n): "Uh-Marie? Are you going to ask me questions or keep patting my head."

He smiled as Marie quickly retracted her hand and cleared her throat.

Marie: "Ahem. Right, so... What was your life like? Before the..."

She trailed off, but (y/n) knew what she meant. He decided to not focus on that however as he began to tell Marie about himself.

(y/n): "Well, I've lived a pretty normal life you know? I lived with my grandpa for most of it. I went to school and almost graduated, but i didn't get to."

He said with a solemn expression as Marie nodded

Marie: "What about your parents?"

(y/n) looked down to the ground and interlocked his fingers before speaking.

(y/n): "They passed away when I was a kid, which was when i began living with my grandpa."

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply as he heard a small gasp from Marie.