CH 3: Splatoon With A New Squid Beak

*Note: For the sake of the story and its plot. (y/n) can enter kettles and, instead of dropping down to levels, there will be a kettle for him to use. Meaning Agent 4 also uses that kettle.

Hope that makes sense/ you understand.*

Somewhere not in Inkopolis
~~~~~

(y/n) and Angel were somewhere that obviously wasn't in Inkopolis Square. In front of them was Marie, who looked a little surprised that Angel didn't know who she was.

Marie: "You've never heard of me? For eel?"

She looked at the yellow inkling, who bashfully looked away while scratching her head and awkwardly chuckled.

Marie: "Wow. You obviously aren't very cultured."

She then looked to (y/n).

Marie: "Though I'm surprised you know me and the squid sisters."

She said while studying (y/n) in curiosity. (y/n) rubbed the back of his neck before looking at her.

(y/n): "Well, I don't know who you are exactly. But I have heard of the squid sisters by name very recently, thanks to the news."

Marie: "Oh I see... Then that means you also know about the great zap fish's disappearance?"

(y/n): "Mhm. I've also heard that your sister has gone missing. I'm sorry that's happened, I hope you're doing alright."

He gave her a sympathetic look. Marie was a little taken aback but very quickly regained her composure as she gave (y/n) a small smile.

Marie: "Oh um. Thank you for the kind words, but Callie isn't exactly my sister. She's my cousin."

This made (y/n) smile awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head again in response.

(y/n): "Oh I'm sorry, it's just that, you're guy's name..."

Marie: "I understand, it's just that squid sisters is a lot more catchy than squid cousins. Don't you think?"

She smiled as she struck another pose. (y/n) nodded in agreement.

(y/n): "So you and your cousin are pop stars?"

Marie: "That would be correct."

She said a little proud as she stopped posing and looked at (y/n) and Angel with a serious face.

Marie: "But let's not get anymore distracted. Now, the two of you know that the great zap fish has gone missing."

(y/n) and Angel nodded simultaneously in agreement.

Marie: "Well it's not just missing- It's been squidnapped by the Octarian menace!"

Her sudden outburst caught both of them off guard for a bit as she continued.

Marie: "How do I know this? Well on the surface I may look like an absurdly talented pop star..."

"But in truth I'm agent 2 of the New Squid Beak Splatoon. A secret society of heroes that save the world from the Octarians."

She finished, making (y/n) nod, trying to be understanding while Angel watched them back and forth in silence as they talked.

Angel: 'Probably shouldn't have come here' -_-

She thought as she looked at (y/n) when he began to speak.

(y/n): "So these 'Octarians' stole the great zap fish, and it's your job to get it back?"