CH 2: The Great What is Missing?

(y/n) was sleeping in his bed peacefully, finally getting a good amount rest for the first time since he woke up.

His eyes fluttered open as he began to wake up. He sat up on his bed and stretched his arms.

(y/n): *Yawn* "Man, that felt great. Guess it's time to wake the old man up."

He drowsily rubbed his eyes before looking around his room. That's when he remembered that: it wasn't exactly his room, his granfather was dead along with the rest of humanity, and that finding himself inside a society of squid and octopus people wasn't a dream.

He sighed as he covered his face with his hands. He let out a long exhale before uncovering his face and looked around his room.

Leaning against the wall next to his bed was his type 99 Arisaka, along with his backpack. On the bedside table was his phone, fully charged.

He grabbed it and turned it on, revealing a picture of him and his grandfather posing as the Lockscreen.

He smiled at it before opening his phone and going through it. He did this for a bit before turning it off and unplugged it.

(y/n): "Time to get the day started"

He swung his legs off the bed and stood up. He stretched again before opening his backpack and taking out a fresh set of clothes.

He put them on before putting on his hoodie. He made his bed before putting on his Arisaka ammo belt.

He then grabbed his rifle and looked at it.

(y/n): "Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have this out in the open. Don't want people to think I'm dangerous."

He muttered as he looked through his backpack and took out the cloth it was originally wrapped in.

He wrapped it around the rifle completely.

(y/n): "There we go, now it's just a very long stick inside a cloth."

He held it as he put his phone in his pocket and walked out of his room. Once he did, the smell of food hit his nose.

(y/n): "Hmm, something's cooking."

He smiled as he made his way downstairs. Once there, he walked to the kitchen and saw Pearl and Marina already up and eating breakfast while talking to each other.

The inkling and octoling smiled once they noticed him.

Marina: "Good morning (y/n)!"

Pearl: "Morning dude! How'd ya' sleep?"

(y/n) smiled as he sat down on the table with them. He leaned his rifle on the table and looked at them.

(y/n): "Morning you two, I slept great! Thank you for asking!"

He leaned his arms on the table as Marina set a large empty plate down in front of him.

Marina: "That's good to hear! Now, we didn't know if you liked pancakes or waffles so we made both!"

She gestured her hands to the middle of the table, which had two plates; one with a small stack of pancakes, and a few waffles on the other. Along with a bottle of syrup.

(y/n): "Pancakes and waffles? Why not just one of them?"

Marina: "Well, It's more about preference really. I prefer waffles!"

Pearl: "And I really like pancakes, dude they're the best!"

They both smiled as (y/n) nodded in understanding.