CH 1: Settling In

Inkopolis
Some cafe
~~~~~

(y/n): "12,000 years?...."

He trailed off in disbelief. He's been in that pod for over 12,000 years, He shook his head.

(y/n): "Y-You're j-joking... Right?"

He laughed a little as he looked up at the two cephalopods sitting across from him, the looks on their faces told him everything making his heart drop.

(y/n): "You're not... it's really been 12,000 years... I've been asleep for that long..."

"I'm the last one alive..."

He buried his face in his hands as tears began to trail down his cheeks. The two girls looked at each other before the octoling spoke up.

Green: "Hey, I know you must be feeling very scared and confused. But Pearl and I will help you however we can."

She smiled, taking a hold of his hands and setting them down before grabbing a napkin and putting it in his hands.

(y/n): "A-are you sure? How will i even fit in?"

He asked, wiping his tears while the octoling and the inkling; now known as pearl, looked at each other.

They smiled at each other before Pearl spoke up.

Pearl: "Dude relax! We'll help you fit right in!"

She exclaimed smiling, making the octoling nod in agreement.

(y/n): "Thank you Pearl, thank you- uhmm..."

He looked over to the octoling, making her realize she never introduced herself.

Marina: "Oh I'm so sorry! I never introduced myself! I'm Marina, and as you know this is Pearl."

She smiled motioning to herself then to Pearl, making the inkling nod. She then held her hand out to (y/n), to which he took.

(y/n): "It's alright, it's nice to meet you both! And thank you so much, I really appreciate it."

He shook both their hands with a grateful smile.

Pearl: "No problem!"

While this was all happening, they were being approached by a waitress who was busy looking at her notepad.

Once she got to their table, she looked up and froze. This didn't last long though as she got excited and smiled widely.

Waitress: "O-Off the Hook?!"

She exclaimed with excitement in their language, getting the attention of other customers and any passerbys. Pearl and Marina looked at her before smiling and waving to her.

Waitress: "I'm such a big fan! Can I-"

Before she could finish, she saw (y/n), making her freeze and look at him with wide eyes.

Waitress: "Oh. My. Cod. A human! A real human!"

She exclaimed again in excitement, this time in English. (y/n) waved at her and smiled.

(y/n): "H-Hi"

She squealed a little as she began to rummage through her apron to take out her phone and take a picture while slightly freaking out.

(y/n) looked around to see other inklings take out their phones and take pictures, most presumably of him.

Pearl and Marina noticed this too as they decided to go.

Marina: "Alright! I think we should get going now, our ride should be here!"

She clapped her hands together and stood up, making the other two do the same.