Armin X Krista

(Armin X Krista. Romance: sweet. Era: Modern)

Krista sat on the beach, hands wrapped around her knees. It was the first time in her one week vacation without Ymir. She thought it would be peaceful and relaxing but she felt lonely. All her other friends had come with her but they had also went out. Eren and Mikasa were at the local bar while Sasha and Connie were in a buffet exploring the 'magic' of how food was made. Jean tagged along with Reiner and Bertolt to Abercrombie & Fitch. Armin stayed in claiming he had to study for his finals. Ymir didn't tell anyone where she was going which is what surprised Krista the most. After about an hour staying inside and alone, she decided that some fresh air would do her good.

So there she sat in the sand, debating whether or not she should go back inside and cook dinner.

"Aren't you cold?" A voice came out.

Krista half turned and spotted Armin. He settled down next to her and tucked his arms under his legs.

Krista shrugged with a welcoming smile. "I'm fine."

There came a silence and a breeze fluttered by, chilling her.

"I thought you were studying," Krista inquired.

Armin side glanced at her and sighed loudly. "I decided to take a break. Studying is hard when you're on a vacation."

Krista nodded and a shiver racked her spine, stopping her from her response. Krista tightened her arms and Armin looked at her.

"Are you sure you're not cold?"

Krista forced a smile. "It's...I'm okay."

Armin didn't look like he believed her. He reached out and touched her fingers. "You're freezing! Here."

He shrugged off his jacket and draped it around her shoulders. Krista gripped the jacket, grateful for its warmth.

"Oh, but won't you be cold?" She asked, already shedding of the jacket.

Armin laughed, placing his hand over hers and stopping her from taking it off. "Krista, you're always thinking about others even if they don't return the favor. And that's a quality I like about you."

Krista stared at him, a smile forming her lips. "Oh. Th-thank you. You're the first to say anything like that to me."

"Well, people should thank you more often because you really deserve it," Armin added with a smile, awkwardly sliding his hand away from hers. Krista shifted a little closer to him, enjoying both his heat and presence.

The sun started to sink below he ocean in blazing orange and Krista stood, finally making up her mind.

"Do you want to come make dinner with me?" She politely asked.

Armin helped himself up. "It would be a pleasure."

The walk back was filled with conversation. At the entrance of their condo, Krista handed back Armin's jacket with a shy thanks and headed toward the kitchen. They searched up some recipes and prepped for the baking. The outcome had Armin wrapped in a pink apron with several band-aids covering his hands and Krista with flour coating her clothes. They set the table laughing and sat in chat, waiting for the others. It was around 11 when they all came back. While Krista welcomed them, Armin asked them where they had been.

Eren was slumped in Mikasa's arms with a bruised cheek and a swollen eye. Eren had roused up a fight at the bar. Sasha and Connie wore t-shirts and hats along with several boxes of food. Jean, Reiner, and Bertolt came in carrying at least five shopping bags each with an overwhelming scent of cologne. Ymir came in last and greeted Krista with three pink bags. She had gotten her clothes and makeup in preparation for a session on how to manipulate men.