Jean X Marco

(Jean X Marco. Romance: mature. Era: Titan era)

Jean thrust the wooden dagger at his opponent's rib cage. She dodged it easily and spiked her elbow on his back. He instantly fell on his stomach. The girl rolled him over with a kick and snatched the blade from him. She had won all ten matches.

A sharp whistle pierced the air and everyone diverted their attention to where it came from. Trainer Shadis stood pin straight and yelled to them, "Alright, maggots, dinner is served and we have a long day ahead tomorrow so when you finish eating, go straight to bed!"

With that, he stomped off, his cabin door slamming shut after him. The trainees dropped their daggers and made their way towards the cafeteria. Jean ate his food in silence. After supper, bruises started taking over his side. He decided to see Marco and rant to him about the practice today.

He went to his cabin and changed into his sleeping clothes. Jean laid in bed, waiting for the loud snore of Connie to be heard before he creeped out. He cautiously made his way to his best friend's sleeping quarters and lit a lantern. The light illuminated the whole cabin and Marco bolted up, rubbing his eyes. He started when he saw Jean standing at the door but relaxed when he realized who it was.

"Hi, Jean," Marco greeted, "What's up?"

Marco had a cabin to himself so no one was around to hear their conversation. Jean slid onto his bed and raged about the practice. When he got to his bruises, Marco's expression turned from relatable to worried. He told Jean to let him see the wounds. Jean obeyed and lifted his shirt to reveal a whole line of bruised that climbed up his side and twirled around his back. Marco gasped and tsked at him.

He absentmindedly asked who the girl was.

Jean's pulse sped up at his touch and he flushed. "Uh...she was...she had blonde hair. Kept in a bun...and...um...a hooked nose-"

Marco looked at him skeptically. "You're talking about Annie, and only the craziest people would go up against her."

Jean shrugged. "Maybe I'm crazy."

Marco laughed. "I'm sure that crazy will someday turn into leadership."

"You're always saying that, but I don't see it," Jean replied.

"I know," Marco said with a smile. "But I'm sure you will."

He stretched his arms above him. "Anyway, we should go to sleep soon. There's probably some heavy excersizing tomorrow."

Jean quickly stood. "Yeah, sure."

He awkwardly shuffled and went in for a hug. Marco laughed and hugged him back. Jean took a deep breath, planning his movement through his head. Time to put it in action. He slowly pulled away, turning his head so his lips brushed Marco's cheek. As soon as skin touched skin, he felt Marco stiffen.

Jean quickly stepped away and rushed his words of goodnight, running out of the cabin and into his own. The door slammed behind him and Jean leaned against it, replaying the embarrassing moment.

Connie, woken up by the noise, asked him a few questions he didn't register. The moment just kept replaying and Jean kept wondering if it had been the appropriate thing to do.

--------------------------------------

The next day, Jean was very cautious around Marco, staying silent most of the time around him. Then, during the little time after lunch, Marco asked him to go somewhere private with him for a talk. Suddenly, the worst things seemed the best. Even talking to Jaeger would've been better than the talk they were going to have.

The private place they went to was in between two empty cabins.

After a choking silence, Marco sighed and began, "I want to talk to you about yesterday night."

Jean cringed and leaned against a cabin, staring down at the floor. "Yeah?"

Marco paused, then started again. "I know how you feel about me, and I don't think-"

Jean flushed the brightest color of red and interrupted, "You don't think it's gonna work. Yeah, I know. We should probably go now."

He started to turn when an arm slammed in front of him, blocking the way. Marco pressed close to Jean and stared intently into his eyes. "You didn't let me finish. I don't think you know how I feel about you so let me show you."

Marco pressed his lips against Jean's, surprising him. The surprise soon vanished and turned to lust.

Jean slid his hand into Marco's hair, the other going around his waist.

Unfortunately, they had to pull away to breath. Jean leaned his head against his companion's and whispered, "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that?"

Marco smiled. "Do you know how long I've been daydreaming about it?"

They both answered each other at the same time. "Eight years."

And at that moment, they knew they were meant to be together.

(My opinion: Best story I've written so far)