Levi X Petra

(Levi X Petra. Romance: sweet. Era: Titan era)

"Levi-heichou," Petra started, running up to him, "I finished cleaning the hall. What else do you want me to do?"

Levi stopped sweeping the floors an handed her the broom. "Finish sweeping the halls."

Petra accepted the broom with a sigh. That probably meant to re-do it all. She began to start where Levi left off when she was stopped.

"Petra," Levi addressed.

She straightened with a smile. "Yes, heichou?"

"Oluo needs you at the horse stables. After you finish here, you can go."

Petra nodded quickly and rushed her words. "I should probably get cleaning, then. See you."

She turned and tried not to run away from the scene of her embarrassing hope. She had hoped he was going to say something else but...ugh. It was silly of her to think of something like that at a time where they all could die and their faith in humanity was resting on a titan.

Petra hurried to finish her chores. She met Oluo at the stables only to find that he had bit his tongue again during the weirdest moment and was too embarrassed to show anyone else. After she had patched him up, Petra decided to go to her favorite alone spot. It was a secluded space in the back of the military base. Her favorite spot there was under a dogwood tree.

Petra lay in the grass, watching the leaves of her tree sway softly against the blue background of the sky. They could all die at any moment but everyone seemed just as happy as they would be when they were at their homes. Everyone but Levi. She had even seen Erwin crack a smile even if it was not very pleasant. But never Levi. She wondered if he had smiled before she meet him.

Petra sighed and watched the sky as it turned from blue to orange, then pink. She stood, brushing herself off and wondering if she was needed during the time period she was gone.

Petra walked back to the base. The halls were strangely empty and somewhat eerie. She met Gunther while wandering around in the cafeteria and he said that some of the recruits went in town while the others went to the fields. Petra proceeded to wander around the castle, finding unknown parts she hadn't encountered before. Behind one door was what looked like an unused office. Behind another, a dusty janitor's closet.

If I clean this up well, it'll probably look pretty nice, she thought. Maybe if I showed this to Levi, he might be proud to call it his.

Then, Petra came across another door. This one was different from the others, though. It was slightly bigger and painted a darker shade of brown. Petra slowly pushed it open. The first thing she encountered was a blast of dust. The next, pitch black darkness. Petra took a step back, looking for anything that could hold light. She ended up taking an oil lamp hanging from the wall.

Petra re-entered the room and discovered something wondrous. What she was in was a very spacious place with shelves and shelves of books. The only actual light in it was cast from the moon and reflected off a huge window that took up whole wall.

Petra held her light up to the shelves, expecting to see books buried under layers of grime, but surprisingly, they were clean. She proceeded along the aisle, her eyes drinking up everything. She had had her gaze trained on the window when a voice came out, making the lamp clutched in her hands jump back and forth.

"Hey!"

Petra slowly turned, almost afraid to see who it was.

"What are you doing here?" the voice asked.

Petra gasped at who the owner of the voice was and she hurried to salute. "C-captain Levi!"

Levi sat on the ground with a lamp next to him, a book in his hand and his arm draped over a knee. There were books next to him stacked in a neat pile. His jacket was folded next to a stack of books.