Armin X Annie

(Armin X Annie. Romance: opinionated. Era: Titan Era)

Annie ran through the forest, breathing hard. She was being chased by the Survey Corps for self-defense. She killed those two titans for the protection of humanity. For the protection of her. So she could live up to her dad's request...

Promise me that you'll return...

Annie jumped over a log. How did it they find out it was her? She took Marco's equipment and that was a pretty big risk but they looked all the same, right? So who could've figured it out. Unless...

You're actually pretty nice, huh...?

Armin. A shout came out from behind her and the clomping of hooves became louder. Annie risked a glance over her shoulder and spotted green capes flapping. They were catching up. She braked on her right foot and leaped into the bushes. She wouldn't get far on foot so the only way to escape would be to...climb. Annie observed the trees around her as she ran, searching for a sturdy tree that gave her a lot of branches. She found one to her satisfaction and hurried to climb it.

Annie laid as still as she could on the branches of the tree and listened. The horses had stopped running and voices could be heard commanding others. Soon, they were back to chasing her. They wouldn't understand if she told them why she did those things. Things she didn't fully understand herself. How would she explain...?

Annie snapped out of her thoughts when she saw a flash of green. Four members of the Survey Corps rode by her tree. Krista, Jean, Sasha, and Armin. Her friends? No. She didn't have friends.

Annie shifted on her tree branch and her boots scuffed a peace of dead bark. She watched in alarm as it plummeted down and hit Armin directly on his head. He immediately slowed and looked up. His eyes made contact with hers and both of theirs widened. Annie stiffened her muscles, preparing to attack the group or run away if necessary. But Armin didn't alert them. He didn't do anything but stare.

Soon, the group rode out of sight and Annie was safe for the time being. Armin had always been the stupid one action-wise. She shouldn't have expected anything.

Annie waited until she couldn't see any signs of the Survey Corps. She jumped down from the trees and started running. Where? She didn't know. But she had to fulfill her father's wish. Even after...even after...

Annie slowed her running without realizing and stared at the ground.

Monster!

Her vision got cloudy.

Don't get close to her!

Her cheeks started to feel damp.

Promise me...

There was a rustling in the bushes and Annie's attention snapped to its location. She growled, diving in the bushes and hitting a form. She soon found out that there was a hill behind that bush and they tumbled down until they rolled to a stop. Annie had pinned her victim's hands and had their legs entwined in such a way that only she could have a fast escape. And under her, was an Armin.

Annie narrowed her eyes. "How did you find me?" She hissed.

"I-I followed you," he replied, his voice trembling.

So he wasn't as stupid as she thought. Annie silently cursed. "Is anyone here with you?"

He shook his head furiously. "Only me."

Annie sighed with relief and stood. "You're of no threat to me."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and examined the hill they had rolled down on. It was too steep to climb back up and she would probably bump into trouble if she were to walk around it. Annie bit her lip. When had she become the enemy?