𝓥𝓸𝓵𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓛𝔂𝓬è𝓮

-06:00-

My alarm started ringing in an unpleasant way, as I opened my eyes. Today was my first day of school. Differently said the first day of school at my new school. The government recently decided that there should be mixed schools in france where both genders could attend. I don't know if it was an act of equality or because some families could not afford the private schools. Either way I was not excited in any way. The only reasons why I had to go to this school was because I needed the education to live a better life than my parents could give me and because my father couldn't afford my previous school anymore. My mother wanted that for me but she died last year due to heart failure. My mothers death destroyed my father. He didn't speak to me for months and to this day he doesn't talk much with me. I don't understand why he doesn't talk to me but sometimes I get the feeling that he thinks it's my fault that my mother died. Nevertheless I came to terms with the silence, it's part of my daily routine.

I sat up on my bed and rubbed my eyes. The sun shined through my balcony door into my room. »What a beautiful day« I thought and went to my closet to gather my clothes for the day. The only good things about my house are my balcony, where I can enjoy a couple of smokes from time to time, my room and my own bathroom. Since I didn't talk much with my father I feel like it's better to not cross him, since it would make things awkward, in my opinion at least, that's why I enjoy the privacy. After I grabbed my outfit I went into my bathroom to take a shower. When I finished showering it was about 06:30. I put on my outfit, which was a maroon dress and a white button up shirt with short sleeves, some black transparent tights and some black heels. I didn't want to stand out on my first day which was practically impossible but I still wanted to look neat. I went to the sink to brush my teeth and do my make up. Like I said, I didn't want to stand out so I used a little bit of red lipstick and mascara. When I was finished i brushed my hair quickly and went back into my room to grab my bag. I of course double checked the insides of my bag to make sure I didn't forget anything and rushed to the kitchen where my father was sitting, reading the local newspaper. I quickly greeted him and took an apple from the fruit bowl to eat on the way to school. Before I left the house I said goodbye to my father but before I could leave the house he called me »Y/n, come here please« I went back into the kitchen and answered: »Yes papa« He looked up from his newspaper and mumbled: »Good luck at school. Make me proud.« I was stunned as this was the most he said to me in weeks. I smiled and nodded. »Goodbye papa. I'll see you tonight.«

-07:30-

I finally left the house and was on my way to school. I usually wasn't the type to be overstimulated but today was an exception. I didn't know if I was gonna be the only girl in my class or even in this whole school and I prayed to god that this was not the case.

When I arrived at the gates of Voltaire Lycèe I felt my heart sinking, no girl in sight. At this point I was ready to just walk back home and lock myself in my room, but I reminded myself that I had to do this not only for my future but also for my mother. So I held my head high and started walking through the gates of my new school. While walking I noticed that all the laughter and yelling stopped and people started mumbling and staring. I stopped walking and looked at my surroundings I noticed the boys staring at me like a piece of meat. But I wasn't going to let them bring me down so I kept walking to a board I had noticed while standing. But before I could arrive, I heard someone whistle at me. I turned around to look at the culprit and saw a tall guy with blonde hair and rounded glasses, sitting on a bench with some other guys laughing, smirking at me. I immediately wanted to walk over there and slap his stupid face but I wasn't gonna let some silly boys ruin my first impression on my first day. And so I just ignored him and kept walking to the board to see what was written on there. The board was filled with classes and names, so I started looking for mine. »Y/n L/n...ah there!« I found my name in the class of Madame Giraud. »Salut! I'm so glad I'm not the only girl here.« a girl's voice chirped. I turned around confused and realized it was a girl with long blonde hair standing behind me while smiling. »Ah, salut. I'm also very relieved. These boys are literal animals, I'll tell you that much.« I sighed and she nodded. »My name is Michele Magnan by the way« we shook hands. »Pleased to meet you, my name is Y/n L/n. Did you check which class you are in?« I asked her and she nodded. »Madame Giraud's class, and you?« »Me too! I am so glad! I seriously cannot deal with all these boys alone We laughed as another girl approached us with a big smile on her face. »Salut! My name is Simone Palladino.« We both greeted her back and introduced us to her. »Which class are you in, Simone?« I asked. She shrugged her shoulders. »I haven't checked yet.« So she looked over at the board and searched for her name and so did I. »There! I found your name. You're in our class with Madame Giraud.« I smiled. Simone sighed in relief. »It must be my lucky day!« We all giggled and talked while waiting for the bell to ring.