𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓻

I sat down at the dinner table, where i put the flower vase on and opened the small note that came with the roses. It was handwritten in a way that I've seen before. I decided to read the message before figuring out who sent me this bouquet.

' Dear y/n,

I hope you accept not only this bouquet of roses but also my apology. I don't know what came over me that day and there is no excuse in this entire world to justify my actions. I understand if you hate me after all the things that happened but I will continue to love you. I will love you every morning, every noon, every afternoon and every night there is in my life. And if there is even a little bit of love in your heart for me, then come to the river next to our town as soon as you read this. I will be waiting for you, ready for a conversation with you where we talk about the things that caused the problems between us. I really want to work this out y/n. You know where to find me.

Forever your's

Josheph'

I felt a tear run down my face and without any hesitation, I put on my coat and shoes, took my purse with me and stormed out of the house. I walked as fast as I could, since running wouldn't be possible with my shoes. Why am I doing this? I didn't know why I was doing it but it was surely because I did love him. Joseph.
I walked through alleys and sidewalks, hushing past multiple citizens until I arrived at the end of the town that I lived in. The sunset almost went out and only had colors like purple and a little bit of a coral note above. Should I really do this? I looked into the distance trying to spot the guy that aggressively stole my heart but with no luck. So I decided to walk to the river, mentioned in the note. I walked through a small field, covered in wheat crops that were ready to be harvested. When I arrived at the river I looked around, to see if Joseph was anywhere to be found and this time I got lucky. I saw him sitting on the wooden edge of a bridge, letting his legs dangle in the air. I walked up to him so that I was standing behind him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped a bit and turned around a little shocked but also glad to see me. »Y/n...« He wanted to keep going but i hushed him and sat down beside him. I turned my head in his direction while he stared nervously at the river. »Joseph, what you did today was very brave of you. Why would you do that?« I asked. I didn't understand why he did it. Did someone tell him to do that? He fiddled nervously with his long, skinny fingers and chuckled. »I thought it was obvious, y/n. I love you.« The last part he mumbled. I felt my heart stop beating for a second. Him saying it to me directly felt so much better than before. »And I am so so sorry for everything y/n. This girl that I told Dupin about is really made up, I wouldn't want to ever hurt you on purpose. I also apologize for the way I acted after school, I don't expect you to forgive me, I definitely can't forgive myself. I will live in eternal guilt because of my actions and I deserve it.« Now his gaze, his beautiful soft and broken gaze fixated mine. It looked like he had been crying. I decided to be courageous and placed his cold hands into mine. »Joseph, in order to forgive you I need you to show me the real you. I need to be able to trust you again.« I whispered, but still loud enough for him to hear. I cupped his face into my hands and stroked his features until my thumb touched the seam of his eye patch. »May I?« I asked softly, not breaking eye contact. He gulped and nodded, letting me take his eye patch off of his face, revealing a hurt little boy who is hiding in his comfort zone. Today he seemed so dejected, insecure and sad in general, nothing like his usual self. Or was that all a way of him hiding his vulnerable side? »Why do you want to see that? It's so ugly.« he uttered in a shaky voice, trying to hide the fact that he was about to cry right in  front of me. I scoffed. »What do you mean? I don't see any imperfections in you. You are perfect Joseph no matter if you have one eye or both. You are perfect for me.« I gave him a small smile and his tears finally gave in. He held my hand, that was still holding his face and let all of his tears stream down his face. He bit his lip, and looked down trying to avoid eye contact. »My mother wants me to wear that fake eye so that I look normal again. But this fake eye is not me, I don't want it!« He sobbed uncontrollably and it broke my heart. Why would his mother say such a thing to her own son? »Well, I think your mother is wrong. You don't need that fake eye to look normal.« I took the crying boy into my arms, stroked his back with one hand and played with his hair with the other one. All you could hear was the small sobs, the boy would give from himself. After some time I decided to gather all my courage and whispered: »And I love you too, Descamps. Very much.« My face heated up, even though Joseph was the vulnerable one in our situation, I felt so nervous about telling him my feelings for him. Suddenly his sobbing became quieter and he got out of my arms to look at me properly. Shock and disbelief was written all over his face. Now it was my turn to nervously play with my fingers. »What..?« I heard him voice quietly, still looking at me as if I was a ghost. It got dark really quickly but luckily there was a street lamp lighting our Vicinity enough, so that I was still able to see his facial features. »What, so you're deaf now too?« I joked in an annoyed and nervous undertone. I didn't like repeating myself. He chuckled a little and used his hand to turn my face in his direction to make me look at him. »Maybe I am.« He uttered under his breath giving me a soft look. I got closer to his face until our noses almost touched and I whispered: »I..«, I started while he nodded every time. »..love..« »Yeah?«, he stared deep into my eyes, our faces even closer than before. »..you.« We stared into each other's eyes, the desire to just connect our lips was definitely in the air. And then it happened, our lips touched as if they were starved to connect. It felt so good to kiss him again. The first time we kissed was also very adorable but this time its so very different. Our bodies gave in and his arms grabbed for my waist to hold me tight as if I was about to get taken away from him, meanwhile I held onto his shoulder with one hand and the other one cupping the left side of his face. I never wanted to let him go. I loved him too much for that. We both soon figured out our rhythm and kissed eachother for what felt like eternity. His soft lips carressing mine carefully. Of course kissing is an act of love but in that moment it felt like it was way beyond that, it was so much more than an act of love.