sweets and notes [patpran]

Rating: General Audiences

Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply

Fandoms: แค่เพื่อนครับเพื่อน | Bad Buddy: the Series (TV)

Categories: M/M

Relationships: Pat Napat Jindapat/Pran Parakul Siridechawat

Characters: Pat Napat Jindapat, Pran Parakul Siridechawat, Pa Jindapat

Notes, at the beginning: I took a little spin on the "notes" idea, and I'm not too sure just how well this is. If this looks familiar, yeah, I did a rough outline on a while ago.

Sweets and Notes

Bad Buddy — Pran x Pat

     IT'S IN MATTHAYOM ONE, when they're barely twelve-years-old, that Pat realises he doesn't hate Pran, not one bit. In fact, Pat thinks that he might like Pran. Ah, no, he knows he does... He doesn't exactly realise it by himself — he has some help from a snide comment Paa makes: "you stare at P'Pran like you like him, hia. It's gross." — but he does realise it nonetheless.

     He's a little put off at first, and then he's scared, and finally curious.

     He wonders... What would it be like to date a boy? Would it be the same as a girl? Or would it be different? Would they hold hands and share food at lunch? Would they pass notes in class, and giggle quietly at the horrible flirting?

     But, most importantly: would Pran do it with Pat?

     Pat's cheeks burn at the idea. He feels butterflies in his stomach, and his heart feels weird in his chest. He wants to squirm and giggle, because it feels so ticklish. He likes it. He likes Pran.

     "You look at him too long, hia," Paa says when he asks if he's obvious about it. "Blegh..."

     Pat whines, hugging Nong Nao to his chest. "Paa, help me... I don't know what to do..."

     "Tell him. I don't know!"

     "But what... What if he doesn't like me back...? I'm scared..."

     Paa fully looks at her brother, startled, and Pat can't blame her. He's never really been scared before — or, at the very least, he's never let Paa see him scared.

     "I really like Pran, Paa, and I don't want to mess it up..."

     Paa smiles gently. "Alright, here's what we're going to do..."

     Pat leaves little sweets on Pran's windowsill, desk, and in his school bag — all of them having their own little notes in Pat's horrible writing. And, even though it's her idea, Paa fake gags at some of the notes. But Pat isn't discouraged, he writes even more notes and leaves them lying around for Pran to find.

     He doesn't know what else to do. He sneaks looks at Pran during class, grinning when he sees Pran blushing as he reads one of the many notes.

     Score! Yes!

     Pat feels so goddamn giddy, watching Pran walk around with a bit of a bounce in his step and his head held high. It's so damn cute — Pran is so damn cute.

     Then Pat watches, disbelieving, as Pran shyly confronts a guy in their class, blushing and stumbling over his words. Wait, is he...

     Pran holds out one of the notes. "I'm sorry, but I—"

     The guy frowns at the note. "Pran, this wasn't me."

     Pran flounders. "But you've...you've been looking at me, haven't you? Every time I read a note, you're always..."

     "Because you're cute. But, this wasn't me. Sorry."

     Pat feels jealous. This guy actually likes Pran? Thinks he's cute? Oh, that—

     "I hope you find out who it is. He really seems to like you, Pran."

     —guy isn't actually that bad... Pat watches as he pats Pran on the shoulder and walks away, walks right past Pat himself. The guy pauses, discreetly, for only a few seconds to tell Pat: "Tell him directly, Pat. You never know, he might like you too." It makes Pat flush, stomach twisting at being called out on his crush, but he doesn't get the chance to say anything before the guy walks off, leaving Pat alone with Pran.

     "...Pat?"

     He jumps, staring wide-eyed at Pran's curious and embarrassed expression.

     "What are you doing here?" Pran's expression twists, contorting. "Are you here to watch me—"

     "I wrote the notes," Pat blurts out, without any forethought.

     He slaps his hands over his mouth quick-smart, eyes wide with horror, and Pran stares at Pat, utterly gobsmacked. Pat wants to be swallowed whole by the ground. He feels so sick and embarrassed having blurted out something like that, and he is terrified that Pran will—

     "You..." Pran is struggling for words., fighting his own disbelief that Pat would... "Pat, you've been leaving these notes" —he waves the horribly written note with a shaky hand— "and the sweets?"

     Pat nods slowly, hesitantly, heart rabbiting in his chest with fear.

     "Do you... Pat, tell me why you did this, please."

     Pat mumbles it, hands still over his mouth, and expertly avoids Pran's eyes.

     Pran gently pulls Pat's hands from his mouth. "Please..."

     "...because I like you. I... I'm scared that you don't feel the same, and I... I didn't—"

     Pran drags Pat into a desperate hug, clinging so very tightly to the slightly taller boy. He's crying, Pat realises as he clings to Pran, crying and trembling — they both are.

     "Pran..."

     "...am I dreaming, Pat?"

     Pat shakes his head. Well, he hopes that this isn't a dream.

     "Shit... Do you really like me, Pat? Do you?"

     He nods. "I... I really do. What about...?"

     Pran laughs, watery. "Of course I do. Pat, I like you too. I never thought that... Oh, Pat, I never thought..."

     Pat whimpers and holds Pran tighter. "Pran, be my boyfriend? Please...?"

     Pran pulls back and stares into Pat's tear-filled puppy eyes, smiling. "How can I say 'no' to you? hm?"

     Pat makes a choked sound. "Is that a 'yes'?"

     "Yeah, you dumbass. I'll be your boyfriend."