Chapter 3

I intend to release all the remaining chapters within the next two weeks,  so we can pick up right where we left off.

Parker pov

"Harvey, my mate needs help," Parker called out, drawing attention from the crowd. He completely gave up on the idea of Ava; he couldn't handle her. Her words were reckless, he prayed for any future mates she would have.

As the crowd gathered, whispers started to spread. Parker, preoccupied with Ava's situation, had overlooked Bai Quigqing's face. Now, her beauty was revealed to everyone present.

"How beautiful"

"Did parker Kidnapped a mermaid"

"How is he so lucky" 

More and more people started to eye his prize, growing annoyed. He called out Harvey's name once again, but this time, his tone changed, sounding rude.

"What?" Harvey asked, annoyed. He disliked Parker and most of the males in Leopard Village. They think that he is just a tool to be pushed around.

Small Time Skip

Harvey Pov

After analyzing Bai Quigqing's condition, Harvey diagnosed her with a sprain that would get better with rest and time off her feet. He prescribed a one-time medication to help with the pain. 

While he admitted that she seemed kind and pretty, he had no other ideas about her other than treatment and Parker made sure of that with his constant hounding. He would rather be lonely than deal with a mate that is attached to Parker.

"Hey," Parker called out to Harvey, walking out of the healer's residence with Bai Qingqing in his arms. 

"As a thank you, I'll give you a tip. There's still a female on the outskirts of the village. Just follow my last scent and get there before anyone discovers her," he informed Harvey. He can't have Bai Qingqing but Ava is up for grabs. Hmph she deserves a weak male.

"What?" Harvey exclaimed out loud, processing the information. How could Parker leave a female unattended for that long by herself? If he had known about this, he would have rushed to finish or even made Parker wait. However, Parker purposely prolonged the diagnosis process, making him check every body part thoroughly, even though the site of injury was clear.

Ava pov

I hope my kick was hard enough that his well dried up. she thought.

It feels like she's been in this forest forever. At first, she heard the sounds of nature—birds chirping and distant growls. But now, she hears nothing. The forest is eerily quiet, and unnatural. Something bigger and more powerful is with her, watching her. Her heart is racing as she limps slowly in the direction she saw Parker run.

Nova is secured to my front in the carrier, both of their faces still bearing traces of mud. Despite Nova's reluctance to have her face wiped, I had to resort to breastfeeding, concerned about the risk of overheating and dehydration

In my hands, I'm carrying both diaper bags and her clothes. It's challenging, but I refuse to leave them behind, knowing they will make our lives easier despite the limited supplies.

Crack! I hear a branch snap out of the corner of my ear. My hands start to tremble. I know I'm being followed. I don't want to call out in case the person gets ideas, so I continue to ignore it. I hate anticipation.

"Parker, Parker!" I called out, even though I was abandoned. The stalker doesn't know it. "Help!"

Curtis Pov

He watches the female, left behind by the weak male. Her pitiful calls for help echoed in the air, oblivious to the fact that she had been abandoned. She is so small, they failed to feed her. He wants to come out of the shadows to take her, but he knows he will be unable to care for her and her cub, with his shedding season just a day away.

The only thing he can hope for is that her screams attract other males in the village so they can care for her. However, once he completed shedding, he vowed to exact vengeance on the village, particularly on this so-called Parker. They will pay for the pain they caused her.

Harvey pov

He followed Parker's scent to a clearing but found no sign of the female. Instead, he discovered a peculiar bulky item. He used its scent to continue tracking. This led him to another clearing where he stumbled upon bags made out of a slippery substance. Now with a handful of supplies, he was still without a trace of the female.

Where is she? It feels like he's chasing after a ghost. Suddenly, a faint call for help echoes.

Ava pov

After calling for help, I hear fast rustling through the trees. Initially thinking it's Parker who finally came back, I'm surprised to see a stranger with my things.

"Female, are you okay?" the person asks.

Apparently, this was all I needed to start whining. I hate feeling weak, I blame it on tiredness, "No, thank you for asking. I'm lost, injured, and feeling faint. Please help me."

"I am Harvey the Healer and was informed that you were in the forest alone, I came as fast I could when I found out sorry for the delay"

"You said that you are feeling faint. Have you, by any chance, drunk water?" he asks her, immediately going into healer mode. He can't believe Parker not only left a female but he left a female cub who thankfully looks content as she sleeps, but the mother is the opposite. 

Her clothes are very dirty, and one side of her arms is scratched up, and she's walking with a limp. What he can't understand is why both of their faces are covered with mud. Stung by a honey stinger perhaps?

"Not since I got here," I replied.

"Your cub," he ask.

"Huh, oh, Nova," I responded, remembering that kids are called cubs over here.

"Yes, she had breast milk not too long ago."

"You're dehydrated, which probably means you're also overheated. I have to get you to the tribe to help you. Is it okay if I pick you up?" Harvey asked.

He is so considerate and kind, just like in the manga.

I know by now  he's already met Bai Quigqing. What if he's already smitten with her? I need someone like him in Beast world. Not only is he handsome and a healer, but his kindness shines through. Despite not knowing me, his eyes express genuine concern as he assesses my condition.

"Be mine. I'm not actually ugly; it's just mud," I blurt out without thinking. But I immediately regret it.

 Way to go, Ava. You sounded desperate. There are more serious matters at hand, like the fact that I feel like I'm about to pass out. No, make that actively fainting. Whether it's due to embarrassment or dehydration, like Harvey said, we would never know, but I gladly welcome it.

Harvey Pov

He catches her before she falls and starts heading home. He is shocked by what he heard. He hope she means it.