Chapter 1 pt3. An interesting surprise.

Angel was working. She got a decent number of customers. She couldn't stop thinking about Jesse.. and that kiss they shared. She felt happy. But it was also a misunderstanding. Which led to Angel becoming droopy. About an hour later, customers left. Angel felt relieved. She waited for more people to come.. another hour passed. She heard the door swing open. She looked up to see Jesse smiling. Angel smiled.. "Hi Jesse." Jesse smiled and got a bit flustered.. "Angel had a really nice smile." Jesse thought. He cleared his throat. "Hey.. can I just get a cookie?" "Sure!" Angel grabbed a cookie and then handed it to him. "Since you're my last customer, you can have that for free." Jesse smiled and looked at her eyes. "There's something I want to tell y-" Just as soon as Jesse was about to explain his feelings. A woman walked in. A beautiful blonde skinny and slim woman. Angel's jaw dropped. "She's so pretty.." she said to herself quietly. Jesse rolled his eyes. The woman walked up to Jesse, giving him a smile and pulling his tie so he could be near her height level. As she watched the two, they seemed to be .. really close. The woman then whispered in his ear and then looked at angel. "Do you need something? Or are ya just gonna look at us?" Said the woman. "Oh!- no.. I was just about to close up anyway.. so uh- can you guys leave." Angel said, looking down. The woman then looked back at Jesse and gave him a kiss.. Jesse pulled back. "What the f-" Angel's voice went from a very.. joyful-ish tone, to a serious and stern tone. "Can you guys please get out." Angel said, looking down at the counter. Tears dwelling up in her eyes. The woman then laughed and walked out. Jesse quickly looked at Angel. "Angel that's-" "Jesse. Get. Out."Please let me explain -" Jesse was about to get on his knees and beg. "NO. CAN YOU PLEASE JUST LEAVE?" Angel's voice got raspy. She was crying. She turned around and walked back into a supply closet and slammed the door. Jesse had a feeling she wouldn't come out until he left. Jesse had no choice. He wanted to explain himself.. he left the shop and then walked away..

...

Angel finally came out of the supply closet. Her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. She closed the shop. It was around 9, maybe.. it was dark. It was cold.. she forgot to bring a coat. She didn't think she'd be out so late. As she was walking in the cold. She started to cry again. Some people looked at her like she was crazy. As she walked and walked, she bumped into someone. She looked up and was about to apologize until she saw that same blonde woman. Angel was pissed. The blonde lady then grabbed Angel's hand and took her to an alleyway. "Whats your relationship with Jesse? Do you like him or sum?" Angel felt somewhat scared.. but then she took a deep breath. "No, I dont.. is he your boyfriend or something?" Angel asked, looking at the ground. The blonde woman thought for a moment. "I guess you could say that." She looked at Angel and grabbed her chin. "Stay the fuck away from Jesse ya broke bitch. He will never ever.. be with a woman like you." Angel's heart sank. The blonde woman then laughed and then walked away. Angel stood there.. she was shocked- she was lost for words.. she looked at the ground. Thinking about how right that woman was.

...

Angel hadn't opened her shop in days. She hasn't eaten in days or even slept in days. She ignored everyone's calls. Everyone's messages. Even Jesse's. Angel stayed in her room. Sitting down. Reading her books. If only.. if fucking only these book's could just take her away. She got a call from a business company. Angel picked up the phone. Apparently, they want Angel to move her shop someplace else where more people can really visit her shop. So Angel would have to get her stuff out of the shop immediately. After the call Angel planned she do all that tomorrow. She didn't have much stuff. It wouldn't take long. Morning came along. Angel was at the shop getting her things and moving stuff out. It was gonna snow and rain tonight like hell, so she wanted to get this done before anything happened. Some of her friends helped her move stuff out and around. Later, after all the boxes were finally moved and all the stuff. Angel was drained. "Ughh.. now- all I gotta do is put everything up." After angel put everything up and made everything look nice. She started at 2 and she's finishing at 7. Angel didn't feel like going home, so she went to her friends house. Sam was her best friend. When Angel popped up at her house, Sam let her in with no hesitation. Angel and Sam talked.. about everything. Even about Jesse. "Well maybe that blonde bitch was just a fan. He was really trying to tell you something." Sam said, drinking some water. "Well.. I don't know- but you know he can always tell me some other time." Angel said, looking at the time on her phone. It was 8. She kept thinking of Jesse. Her mind wasn't letting go. About 3 hours pass. It was now 11. Angel kept looking at the time..

...

3 hours before.. Jesse was rushing. He bought flowers. He tried to look good. He was gonna tell Angel how he felt and the misunderstanding that happened a couple of days ago. Jesse ordered a hotel room that had a reservation from 8-11. Jesse was so excited. It was snowing.. but it wasn't snowing as bad. Jesse walked to her shop just to see. Nothing. He was shocked. He was confused. He looked around and tried asking what happened to the shop. "Excuse me.. what happened to the shop." Jesse asked a random guy. "Nah.. sorry." Jesse was so confused.. Angel just left? Without saying goodbye..? That's it?.. Jesse stared at the building. Upset.. and confused. He was filled with so much sadness. Jesse stood there. In the cold.. for hours. Back at Sam's place, Angel could stop looking at the time.. she was pacing. "Ugh- I think it's time for me to go home." Angel said quietly. "No, not at all.. it's a whole storm out there. You won't last a second. But back to Jesse. Did you tell him that you moved the location?" Angel sat there. She then looked at the time.. {11:32} Angel got up. "Holy shit.. I have to go." Angel grabbed one of Sam's coats. "I'll give this back -" Angel rushed out of her house, leaving Sam confused and lost.

...

Angel was running. She was running and running. She didn't think to tell him. As she was running, she tripped and fell. She got up quickly and ran. She then saw Jesse standing in front of the shop. Staring at the ground. Jesse looked up to see Angel. Angel ran to him.. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" Angel looked at him, grabbing his shoulders. "What's wrong with you." Jesse said, upset. "You just left without saying goodbye. You haven't talked to me.." Jesse looked at her. He was angered and upset.. and sad. So many emotions filled him up. The flowers he bought were covered in snow. Jesse's hands were freezing. His face. "I- .. I'm sorry- I should've told you, and I didn't -" Jesse cut her off. "I like you. I like you, and it's like you threw me out. You left when you were at my place. You wouldn't let me explain what happened in the shop. You won't listen." Angel's heart pounded in her chest. "..can we go someplace warm at least? So I can listen.." Angel grabbed his hand and started walking to a nearby restaurant. There weren't many people.. Jesse and Angel walked in and just sat down. To talk. "That woman at the shop. Was in ex of mine.. I told her that if she did something like that again, I'd ruin her life. She's only rich because of me.. she only did it to see your reaction. I'm sorry.. she usually does things like that whenever I tell her I like someone. But it was stupid, and I apologize.." Angel looked at him. "Oh.. uhm- I'm sorry for not telling you- I forgot.. and I'm also sorry for leaving your place so early" Angel started playing with her fingers. "I left because you were drunk.. and you kissed me and then.. I didn't want to make things awkward." Angel said, blushing. "I was never drunk." Jesse said, smiling at her. "It takes me about 5 bottles to get drunk. I was only pretending.." Angel looked at him with a flustered expression. "What.. so- that was all real..?" "Yup." Jesse laughed and then nudged her. "Well.. do you like me back?" Angel blushed and looked at her fingers.. "uhm.. yea, I do." Jesse smirked and then grabbed her thigh. "That's all I needed to hear."