Chapter 2

Diana stopped in front of my table. Her face was hard to read. Usually, it was in a sneer whenever I was around, but right now it looked curious. Even though I haven't seen her in about four years, she still looked the same, just more grown up. Perfectly curled bleach blonde hair, blue, ice cold eyes, small pointy nose, large curves, and snow-white skin. Alec, let me just say, had gotten even hotter, with blonde messy hair, warm brown eyes that made melted chocolate look grey next to them, and of course, a muscular figure. He's definitely model material, I thought. Diana cleared her throat.
"Are you Camile Dawson?"
She asked, putting a hand on her hip. I raised my eyebrows. "Yes?" I said, but it sounded more like a question. "Wow, I've seen a few pictures, and let me just say, you've changed quite a bit," she said, looking me up and down. It used to bother me, but I was pretty much used to being judged by now. "Thanks, I think. Let me just say you haven't changed at all," I said. She smiled. Smiled? At me? "Um, why are you smiling? Aren't you supposed to throw spaghetti at my face or something?" Diana laughed, "Oh Camile, things have changed now right? We've said sorry, you forgave us, we can be friends now! We'll help you get in the right crowd," she said nudging Alec. I laughed at her and she stared at me in confusion. "First of all, who said I forgave you? And second of all, you're just going to be nice to me and stop bullying me just because I'm not ugly anymore?" I asked. By now, we had the attention of the whole cafeteria. "Well the only reason Diana bullied you before was because you were ugly so..." Alec piped up. Diana shifted slightly, and there was a loud crunch, followed by Alec singing "Owwwwww," a few octaves up from his normal voice. I glared at him. "Are you saying she's the only one who bullied me? Because standing around and not doing anything is just as bad," I said. "Bullying? What bullying? I hope you know none of the stuff I said before meant anything..." Said Diana nervously. I just rolled my eyes. "Goodbye, Diana," I said, turning back to my lunch.
***
Alec's P.O.V.
We left the cafeteria and I followed Diana into the hallway. "Well that went pretty terrible if you asked me," I said. "How so?" Diana asked. "Well, Camile obviously hasn't forgotten all of the bullying you did, and she said it in front of the whole school, so now they know you were a bully, and- " "I was being sarcastic! I know it went terrible! It your fault they almost found out anyways!" She screeched. "Okay, okay, I'm good, it's gonna be fine," she said, patting down her falsely perfect hair. "We need a different approach," she said to me. Then her eyes lit up. "I know!" She said. "Alec..." She said in voice that was a lite too sweet. I gulped. "Um, yes?" I asked.
"Since Camile obviously doesn't like me yet, I need you to get close to her," she told me, batting her false eyelashes. "Me? Get close to her? No. Wouldn't you be upset? And she probably doesn't like me either!" I said. Diana rolled her eyes. "Ok first off, she does like you, I can tell. Second, no I wouldn't be mad, because it would be fake, and third, don't you want to be prom king and queen? We won't get votes if people find out the girl we bullied still hates us, or that we even bullied her! I made a mistake, and we have to keep it hidden," she said bad stared at me with so munch intensity, I knew there was no point in arguing. "Okay, I'll see if I have any classes with her, what's the plan?" I asked reluctantly. She smiled at me. "Ah, the plan," she said, pulling out a piece of pink notebook paper. She handed it to me and said, "do not stray from the plan." Then sashayed off in her close to three inch heels that had dug into my shoe earlier in the cafeteria. I unfolded the piece of paper and began to read.
The Plan, it said, in girly cursive handwriting.
Step one: get her attention
Step two: become friends with her
Step three: let her fall for you
Step four: introduce her to me
Step five: tell her to trust me and become friends with me
Step six: break up with her, but not all at once, or she might get mad and tell the whole school about the bullying thing.
This might be harder than I thought...
***
It turns out I did have a class with Camile.
Gym.
She stepped out of the girls' locker room, looking like a model in the school's gym uniform. Some rumors have been going around that she is a model, but Diana and I refuse to believe them. Although, I have seen a lot of ads, catalogues, and even magazines, with people that look remarkably similar to her on them.
I shook my head to clear my thoughts.
Hopefully for her she isn't as bad at gym class as she was before, but the reason she was bad could be because everyone targeted her when we played dodge ball...
Coach GoldBird blew his whistle. "Listen up, you brats! Since today's weather is finally looking up, we're going outside to the track to get our miles in," he barked, and we all groaned(except for me, because I love running) and went outside by the football field. "Okay, groups of ten will run at a time, so...get in groups of ten!" Everyone started scurrying to get in groups. I just stayed where I was, and let my usual group of friends come to me. "Okay this is seven, eight, nine...huh, we need one more," said a girl from the cheer squad. "How about her?" Asked her friend, pointing a manicured finger at Camile who was walking over to a group of nerds. "Yeah, her name's Camile right? I heard she's a model!" Said cheerleader girl. "Hey Camile! Wanna join our group?" Asked the friend. Camile hesitated, but she realized she had no other options, and her long, bronzed legs moved in quick strides towards us. Nooooo! I almost shouted, but then I remembered the plan.
***
"Alright, last group, get up there!" Said Coach. We did as told, lining up by the start. Somehow, Camile and I ended up side by side. Say something you idiot! The plan! A voice in my head told me. "Good luck," I said to her before we took off running. Idiot. I thought, as I ran across the track. I didn't see Camile beside me anymore, she probably wasn't as good as she used to be.
Camile was always a very fast runner(faster than me) because of her long legs. But whenever she got in front of me, I used to trip her, and so after a few times, and many band aids later, she realized she should just stay back.
I don't even remember why I bullied her. Okay, that's a lie, I do remember. I thought that if I did, I would be the cool, popular, "bad boy" that I was so obsessed with being. It was really stupid, and I got someone hurt, which seriously confused my little 8th grader self, because I forgot Camile was a person too, and she probably had goals in life too, and I was messing them up with my bullying and selfish need for attention.

So when I looked up, I was surprised to see Camile already crossing the finish line. I came in a few seconds later, huffing and puffing, whereas Camile had barely broken a sweat. For some reason, probably the plan, I decided to go talk to her. She looked surprised at first, but then she put on an impassive face, like she always did when she was being made fun of. Don't think about that right now, I told myself.

"So, I guess that luck really did help," I said to her, smirking. She rolled her eyes. "What do you want now, Alec?" She asked. This probably sounds totally cliqué, and I'm being even more cliqué for pointing it out, but I really liked the way she said my name, it sounded sweet, soft, and all of that other mushy romance stuff.
"I just want to have a conversation," I said, smiling innocently. "Well, we
have nothing to "converse" about," she said, walking back towards the locker rooms. "Well...how about...what did you do for those three years you weren't here?" I asked her. "Why should I tell you? You're one of the reasons I left in the first place," she said in a cold voice that made me flinch slightly. "True, but...I said sorry?" I said, but it sounded like I was saying sorry again. Camile just rolled her eyes. "I would really appreciate it if you just stayed away," she said, before walking into the girls' locker room.

This is going to be harder than I thought...
• • •
I have nothing to say sooo...
Bye!
Vote
Comment
Follow
<3