Chapter 9

Warning: unedited

"Good!" Said Jim faintly in the background.

It was as if my whole world had slowed down, like a slow motion video of fire works.

I didn't know what was going on, and I was processing everything slowly, like how his lips moved with mine, and how he lifted up my chin with one hand and put the other on my waist, and how my fingers found their way in his soft hair and to the back of his neck so I could pull him closer.

Wait, Alec is kissing me, I'm kissing him, we're kissing...NO! STOP!

I pulled away breathlessly and wiped my mouth off.

"WHAT THE-"

"He said to make it look like we were in love," Alec shrugged, cutting me off.

"That's not what he meant!" I said, crossing my arms.

"Yes it is, don't you feel in looove?" He said wiggling his eyebrows.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, how can he just brush this off, did he feel nothing? Was it really just for the camera?

I backed away slowly. Did I feel something?!

"Alright kids, that was great, good job today, let's head back to the studio," said Jim, and him and a few other guys hauled the photography equipment into a truck as Alec and I sat in the front.

***

After Alec had dropped me off, I went upstairs with all of the bags of clothing from earlier that day and went into my room.

I was surprised to see two people on my bed so I did the most rational thing I could think of: scream.

Amy looked up from a magazine and Emma looked up from one of my baby photo albums. "What are you guys doing here?!" I said, "you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Well, we know the password to your phone is the same as your garage code, and the garage door was unlocked, so we came here after we left the mall and by the way, you were not a very cute baby I'm just gonna say," Emma said, pointing to a picture of me as a baby with cake all over my face.

"Shut up," I snap, grabbing the book from her hands.

She holds up her hands in defense and then puts them under her chin, swinging her legs back and forth. "Soooooo?"

"So what?" I ask

"Soooooo what happened?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," I sang, heading into my bathroom to brush my hair out.

"Oh, so you you don't know what I'm talking about when you got a ride from alec, he went to the photoshoot with you, and you guys ended up kissing..."

"wait what?!" I screeched and Amy looked at her weirdly.

"How did you figure that all out?! Wait...we're you guys spying on me?!"

"No...we weren't. Emma, how did you figure that all out?" Amy said, giving her friend a weird look.

"Well, after we left you disappeared from the area where you guys were standing after about eight minutes, which means you probably argued about him giving you a ride home and obviously he took you to the shoot because you were gone for about two hours, oh and by the way since you took so long we raided you fridge and tried on all of your clothes, anyways obviously things got heated because when you came in your face was flushed." Amy and I gaped at her as she finished.

"What? It's just details," she said innocently.

"You guys ate all my food?!" I yelled, noticing the food stains around their mouths.

"You had Ben and Jerrys half baked froyo!" Amy pointed out.

"Yeah had because we ate it all!" Said Emma cheerfully and Amy smacked her on the arm.

"Oh whoops!" She said lifting up her arm that now had a red hand print on it to cover her mouth.

Amy rolled her eyes. "Sooooo, back to the kiss with Alec," Amy urged.

I sighed. Might as well tell them now at my own will than have them force me later. "Honestly, it was amazing, but I don't think he felt anything..." I trailed off.

"Oh shut up. Of course he felt something. He knows your special," Amy said.

I gave her a look.
"Special in a good way I mean," she quickly fixed.

"I don't know, he wasn't very nice to me before this year, but maybe I should just stop holding grudges and try and be friends?" I suggested, looking at the two girls nervously.

Emma smiled sincerely. "I think that's a great idea," she said.
Amy nodded. "Me too."
"Group hug!" Emma said, approaching Amy and I with open arms.

"Woah, woah, woah," I said, holding out my hands. "I still haven't forgiven you for eating my Ben and Jerrys."

***

Alec's POV
Ring,ring,ring,ring,ring,ri-

"What?!"

"Chill it's just me," Diana said over the phone.

I sighed. "Sorry, what do you need?"

"I need you to hurry things up with Camille," she said in a slightly irritated voice.

"What do you mean? Homecoming's like a month away." I say, slightly confused

"Exactly, you need to hurry up and get cozy with her and introduce her to me asap," she replies.

Why does she need a whole month? Girls make no sense.

"Alright, well I kissed her-"
"You what?!" Diana shrieked
"Kissed her," I say again slowly.
"Oh, um, that's good I guess..." She trails off.

"Diana, let me remind you that this was entirely your idea and you have nothing to worry about because my heart is still one hundred percent devoted to you," I reassure her, but on the inside I wasn't so sure.

She sighed. "I know, you're making great progress...I love you too," she said even though she didn't sound honest either.

"Yeah, bye," I said.

"Bye."

Well that was awkward, I thought and threw my phone on the ground before taking off my shirt and flopping down onto my bed. Why am I letting Camile Dawson mess with my life?

• • •

Update! Update! Update!
It took awhile, but we eventually got to 6 votes(I'm pathetic but I have to be reasonable ya know)I really appreciate everyone who votes, comments, or even reads my stories so thankyouuuuu💜