Chapter 7

"Let's go to the mall!"

"I'm up for it I guess..."

"Ugh, you guys interrupted my Netflix marathon for this?"

If you were wondering what's going on right now, its the next day, and I just so happened to be snuggled up in my bead with a smoothie and my MacBook watching the amazing transformation of Chuck Bass from the first season to the last of Gossip Girl, when my phone started ringing obnoxiously loud.(everything sounds obnoxiously loud when it comes to Emma). And Amy was also on the three way call.

I don't even know how you make three way calls anymore.

"Cam, you need to get out of your room and do something," Amy sighed.

"no, I need to rest, I have a shoot this afternoon," I say, my finger hovering over the pause key.

"Well...if you don't come out you'll have a sickly complexion from the lack of sleep, necessary vitamins, and the consumption of too much alcohol...and...stuff," says Emma.

"what?" Amy and I say at the same time.

"Ugh, whatever, just stop being difficult and come out; we're already here," said Emma.

I hopped off my bed and padded to the window, peeking behind the curtains. Sure enough, there was Amy, sitting in her silver convertible, with Emma waving her arms like a crazy person to me.

"Glad you decided to get up, now hurry!" said Amy into the phone. There was some static noises and I looked out again to see that Emma had accidentally flung her phone onto the front lawn in the midst of her frantic arm-spasm-looking waves.

I chuckled. "Okay, give me five minutes and we can go," I said, giving in to my friends.

Amy sighed. "good, I didn't feel like breaking into your house and dragging you out- Emma, I told you not to do that with your phone in your hand but did you listen?" I laughed again and hung up.

Getting ready in five minutes was surprisingly easy, since I'm so used to changing outfits quickly for photo shoots. I slipped into a hole-y sweater and leggings and my favorite pair of converse high tops. Then I quickly brushed my hair and teeth before applying a little bit of concealer to the dark circles under my eyes.

After grabbing my phone and wallet, I head downstairs and place a stick note on the counter letting my parents know where I went, since they were both at work(as usual).

When I reached the car, Amy was on her phone in the driver's seat, and Emma was sprawled out in the back.

"Four minutes and fifty three, four minutes and fifty four- finally! Camile you lied! you said five minutes, but it only took you four minutes and fifty four seconds!" Emma said dramatically, playfulness glimmering in her eyes.

Amy looked up from her phone and started the car. "Get in loser, we're going to the mall," she said, imitating Regina George's voice.

I laughed wholeheartedly and sank into the passenger seat, slamming the door before we drove off.

***

After we arrived, I let Amy and Emma drag me in and out of the stores they wanted to go in.

I sighed as Emma came out of the dressing room in Urban Outfitters. "Ta-da!" She said, twirling around in front of us.

Amy nodded. "Looks good on you,"

"Camile? Do you not like it?" Asked Emma, examining the dress she was wearing in the mirror.

"No, it looks great, I'm just bored..." I trailed off.

Emma and Amy exchanged a knowing look before looking me up and down.

"What?" I asked, suddenly uncomfortable.

"You, my dear," Amy started, "need a new wardrobe."

"I do not!" I denied, before catching myself in the mirror in my ratty sweater and sneakers.

"What can I do?" I ask.

Emma squealed. "This is going to be sooo fun!" She said and they both pulled me off of the seat.

"Okay, I was thinking more of a sophisticated style for her," said Amy, pulling out some white jeans and a flowy black top. "Maybe a gold necklace to go with this..."

"No, no, no," said Emma, "something more fun and colorful!" She pulled a white graphic shirt and a brightly colored skirt from the rack. "This would go perfectly with a flower crown!"

"That's way too bright, she should get more pastel or dark colors,"

"But neon accents her hair,"

"Black brings out her eyes,"

"Bright colors make her teeth look whiter,"

"White makes her tan stand out!"

Okay, this was going to take awhile.

* * *

Two hours later, my arms were full of bulging bags from multiple boutiques.

"Hey Amy!" Said a couple of random people from our school.

"Wow, I never realized you were so popular," I joked.

"I'm running for class president," she said seriously.

"Camile?" Said a familiar voice.

I groaned and turned around. "What are you doing here?" We asked at the same time.

Alec smirked. That smirk!

• • •

Hey! So short update...I promise the next one will be longer this is definitely more of a filler chapter.