Chapter 2 + Kor Glossary

I don't even know their names, but I'm ready to meet the Enta Kors. Those bastards want to draw me closer, but I want to draw them into me. I let my wounds bleed without treating them, as I have Fey blood in my human body, so I'm stronger than a mere mortal from Earth. My blood regenerates fast, so I bleed a little longer.

I walk forward in my Krown, a silver collar encrusted with green jewels and a matching Plume, a skirt with green silk, tied around my waist with another sparkly chain. Although my tits are on display, I feel clothed enough for Kor kind.

I think of my daughter, and I say what I've been planning, "I will call you Lyra," I speak to the air, and the thick fog around me.

I watch the fog pulse in and out in a flurry, suggesting already that an Enta Kor has zeroed in on me and found me in seconds of arriving. He's teleported here, Stealthing, totally invisible.

I had barely exhaled a second time when the fog pulsed and swirled around the unseen entity. I see the shape of him. With wings. And two curved horns, thick at the base, with sharp tips. I see the enormous outline of this dangerous Kor in the fog, and I feel his eyes on me.

The Entary.

The kidnapper of what's mine. I know it's him.

I do wonder in this moment if I really know what the hell I'm doing. All I have is the mind of a Dark Nine, free of order. Intune with instinct over influence. It's all I have to show him what I'm about. To convince him I'm a good Empress, not just a hindrance.

First, I hope he sees the rage in my eyes.

Two feelings flow through me with my raised hairs as my ears tune into the hellish nothing all around. The air smells sour and Elion, other.

"We will meet again..." I use his words that he said for me when he took my daughter with magic, right out of my belly, "And so here I am. Entary. What is your name?" I address him as King, because I need him to converse.

I wait for the fog to speak, he does not.

His wings lift him into the sky and he's gone.

The invisible large bat wings made wind fly over me in a powerful burst, taking him away.

"How rude," I murmur under my breath, since he ignored my simple question.

Won't even give me his name, so all I can know him by is Shadow Kor King; the Entary. Dick.

I start to walk through the fog, feeling my heart pulling me left, toward even thicker fog.

I don't know how the Enta will judge me, but I do know they have no qualms of killing Empresses if they don't approve.

My Kors gave me nothing to work with beyond the usual caution. They affirmed I'd probably die in my mission and other than that, they were a useless help.

I knew it's because I too, had become transfixed on my missing babe.

I had been pregnant.

Then they stole her – and my mind was unravelling with my maternal instinct to find her.

"Would you like to see Lyra?"

I hear a close and pearly but masculine voice, a sound so smooth it could cut stone. My Instincts scream at me to turn, to keep my eyes focused. I spin toward the voice, but other than the fog wafting around, I see no shape.

I also get the distinct feeling it wasn't the Entary – but another Enta.

So his squad were here, coming to have a look at the Empress on a Hunt.