Chapter 4

Maelstrom's POV

"Why does Diasphora look so mad?" I ask Mars as I sit strapped to the seat, holding my weapons in my lap. Diasphora is quietly holding the straps, glaring into nothing.

"Focusing his energy," Mars murmurs.

"Why you mad?" I ask little E, "Is it because we're going after Tron?" Tron, the human who had been sent to assassinate us and failed! Now we were going after him!

Diasphora doesn't answer.

"Work as a team to eliminate Tron," Jupiter relays the instructions from his seat, "One target, make it a successful Hunt and you'll pass the test. Don't show empathy. Don't show compassion. Be ruthless. You are Elion."

"You are powerfully gifted, the best Hunters in this universe, you represent Kor Kind – you must show grace and explosive energy, quick decisions, no delay, no hesitations," Saturn adds, "Diasphora – focus."

"I am," Diasphora whispers and looks at me, "M."

"What?"

"Can I borrow your bow later?"

"You don't know how to use it yet."

"You charge it, I shoot," Diasphora point at his chest, "Please."

"The bow is too big for you," I hiss, "You follow me."

Diasphora grits his teeth.

"Tell us what's wrong?" Venus nudges little E, "Let it out."

Diasphora shakes his head and remains menacingly quiet.

He changed after he saw mother.

"Update. Tron has been located in a camp on Protected Planet Betrix, his gear will give him ample warning if anything is aimed at him – so you can't delay releasing the bow," Terra advises.

"Who is assessing them, do we know yet?" Mercury growls, "Not the Entary, I hope?"

"I requested Velorum and he agreed to assess Maelstrom and Diasphora," Pluto smiles, "He'll go easy on you, M."

"I don't want him to go easy on me," I growl at Pluto, "I can do this. I have my plan. It's full proof."

"You haven't shared this plan, son?" Mars questions, already showing pride, half smiling, "What's the go?"

"Think; what would mother do?" that's the plan, I say it simply.

An awkward silence descends in the spaceship.

Now Diasphora is wriggling in the seat.

"LET'S GOO!" Diasphora, "Are we there yet?"

"Calm down, little bro," I burst out laughing at how angry he is.

Venus snarls and Diasphora quietens down.

"A word of advice, Maelstrom," Mars sighs, "What would I, your father, d –?"

My father is interrupted as the spaceship lands hard on Betrix and the Kors start to stand, unlocking us both at the same time from our seats, "Um. What were you saying?" I look at Mars.

"– never mind, we're here already," Mars growls as he takes my arm and leads me to the ramp, "When you're done, press the tracker and we'll come to you. Be quick. Don't overthink this... you have what you need."

"Let's go," I call to Diasphora as I run out first. He sprints out after me, "Follow my lead!"

We run into a dense tree line, and I immediately look for higher ground. We Stealth together, gaining speed.