Chapter 26: The Three Ghosts of Ruby

A/N: Standard disclaimer: I own Nothing in this story except my OC. Everything Rwby-related content belongs to Rooster Teeth and respective artists. Everything Honkai-related content belongs to HoYoverse and the respective artists.

Mei-senpai = Thoughts/Flashback

As Ruby tumbled through the swirling vortex, the cacophony of voices abated, replaced by an eerie silence. The darkness seemed to close in, suffocating and cold. But within this chilling void, a spark of defiant light flickered within her. When she opened her eyes, she found herself in an empty checkered room. Ruby sat down was all the memories from different worlds and the future flowed in a storm in her mind.

"Why me?" she whispered, her voice raw with despair. "Why am I always the one who has to face this? Why can't I just choose my own path?"

From within the swirling vortex of her mind, a voice echoed, soft and melancholic.

"Do not despair, Ruby," it said, "for you are not alone in your struggles."Seele materialized before her, a fragile wisp of a girl with sorrowful eyes. Beside her, Veliona stood tall, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Oh, she most certainly isn't," Veliona quipped, her voice dripping with biting sarcasm

"Oh, she most certainly isn't," Veliona quipped, her voice dripping with biting sarcasm. Ruby blinked, her gaze flitting between the two figures. "Seele? Veliona? But... how?"

"We are you," Seele explained, her voice barely above a whisper. "Two sides of the same coin, forged in the fires of fate. We understand your pain, your frustration. We, too, have felt the sting of destiny's cruel hand." Veliona scoffed. "More like a relentless fist to the face," she grumbled, crossing her arms.

Seele nodded, a hint of sadness in her eyes. "Remember my friend, Bronya? She was also burdened. She was chosen, destined to wield the power of the Herrscher of Reason."

"Just like you, Ruby, with your Silver Eyes. Both of you, chosen by forces beyond your control, forced to carry the weight of destiny on your young shoulders."

Ruby bit her lip, the weight of Seele's words settling on her. She understood. She felt Bronya's burden in Seele's voice.

"But Seele," Ruby whispered, "what did you do? How did you deal with it?"

A small smile touched Seele's lips. "I didn't do it alone, Ruby. I had Bronya. We had each other. We learned to face our fears together, to share the burden of destiny, to find strength in each other's light."

Seele reached out, her hand brushing against Ruby's. "And that's what you have too, Ruby. You have your team, your friends. They are your anchor, your light in the darkness. They will not let you fall."

A flicker of hope sparked in Ruby's eyes. She looked at Seele, seeing not just a kindred spirit, but a mentor, a survivor.

"But what if I fail?" she whispered, her voice trembling. "What if I can't control this power, this destiny?"