Chapter 28: World Serpent Manga

A/N: Standard disclaimer: I own Nothing in this story except my OC. Everything Rwby-related content belongs to Rooster Teeth and respective artists. Everything Honkai-related content belongs to HoYoverse and the respective artists.

Mei-senpai = Thoughts/Flashback

The serpent appears to be a rather common reptile. Yet humanity seems to have an eternal fascination with it.

"The living been had no need if eyes when there was nothing remaining outside him to be seen, nor of ears when there was nothing to be heard... Of design he was created thus, his own waste providing his own food, and all that he did or suffered taking place in and by himself. For the creater conceived that a being which was self-sufficient would be far more excellent than one which lacked anything... And as this circular movement required no feet, the universe was created without legs and without feet." Ouroboros Plato's Timaeus. C.360 BCE.

"Interesting... I wonder if we have something similar." Dr Oobleck said.

All the students were just confused.

"I don't even understand the wording." Weiss said.

"Great philosophers regarded it as the first life created in the cosmos. From Apep to Kukulkan, humanity has worshiped many serpentine gods. The true origins of such practices have been lost to time. Every Investigator curious about the origins of these serpent cults would arrive at one conclusion. These cults have spread throughout the earth, growing roots that reach beyond the deepest recesses of darkness. Perhaps the seeds of such fear and reverence for the serpent have been planted before modern humans walked the earth.

Perhaps the serpent lurks within the very fiber of our being, passing through the generations whether we like it or not. And if this is true, it may suggest that these serpent cults may still be around, singing their old songs and keeping their frightful traditions alive.

"I'm getting a bad feeling about this." Tai said.

Schicksal picked up a powerful energy spike in northern Africa shortly after a portal leading to the Sea of Quanta was opened.

"We've arrived at the signal coordinates, HQ. We can't find anything out of the ordinary here." A valkyrie squad was dispatched.

"Oh, this is probably when Jaune escaped from the Sea." Pyrrha said.

"Report received, squad. Monitor the area for another 12 hours and notify HQ if you find or notice anything." Amber said. Schicksal was confused by the lack of findings and suspected faulty equipment instead.

"That is very strange." Ironwood said.

Atlantic branch.

"HQ, we lost contact with squad Albatross 3 hours ago. They were supposed to monitor the carcass of the Judgment-class honkai beast Chiyou... But the valkyries we're sent to the eastern sea facilities just reported that they failed to find anyone from squad Albatross... Worse, they told me that Chiyou's body went missing as well..." The squad reported.

"Wait... isn't Chiyou the honkai that killed the grimm reaper?" Qrow asked.

"Yes." Ren said.

"How did a body the size of a house disappear without anyone noticing?!" Roman exclaimed.

"Report received. I'll notify lord Otto at once. Continue your search, Atlantic." Amber said.

The north African energy spike was followed by a string of strange events. It seemed as though something dark has stirred from its slumber and was already casting its great shadow over the entire world.