𝐯𝐢. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

˖*°࿐chapter six

˖chapter six.
vi. HAVE A LITTLE FAITH

———

janelle

I paced back and forth, waiting impatiently for Damon to call. I didn't understand what was taking so long. How hard could it be to find one girl?

Maybe Jo's slowing him down because she has to progress through this cloaking spell. Ooh, what happens if it doesn't work and they get caught?

You know, there something I just realized — I have no idea what her brother's name is. The question never seemed to come up and no one really ever mentioned it either. Not that it particularly mattered anyways — I'm completely fine with referring to him as a psychopath.

He was cute though, not gonna lie.

𝐉𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞.

I shimmered into the school upon hearing Damon's voice and I was just in time to catch Jo, who was about to fall. Her nose was bleeding and she looked very faint. The spell must have been too much for her. Elena stood there as well, a few feet behind Damon.

"Nelle?" My eyes shifted to the boy in front of all of us. "It really is you," he whispered, astonishment in his voice.

"Janelle, get out of here." Damon clenched his jaw, standing in front of us, protectively.

"Come on," I said to Jo, leading her through the closest door. Once we were out of sight, I kept turning corners, searching for the nearest exit.

"I'm so sorry," Jo suddenly apologized.

"For what?" I questioned, not really paying attention to what she was saying.

"For putting you through all of this again."

"Jo, I'm sure whatever it is you're talking about is very important, but could it wait until another time?" She nodded, trying to keep herself up as we continued throughout the hallways.

Just when I thought we were far away enough, I slowed down a bit, so Jo could catch her breath.

"I feel like I'm dying," she said, her voice raspy.

"Well, you're gonna have to hold off on that," I told her. "I can't heal you until we're outside."

"Why?" she asked. "Just do that thing you do to get us out of here faster."

"I can't. I —"

Out of nowhere, I was flung into the lockers behind me and landed on the ground with a thud. I groaned out in pain and rolled over to see what just happened.

"Janelle," a voice called, running to my side. I looked up at the light blue eyes that were staring right into mine, making me stiffen. Something weird rushed through my body as looked back up at him. "Are you okay?"