CHAPTER 5 - "GUIDE"

"So uhm... Can we just leave..? Now?" Caspian asked.
Reece jumped up. "Eh.. Why not! I just CAN'T wait to show you our room!"
Caspian glanced back at all of the Slime Pups. Yule had disappeared from their spot in the corner of the cavernous room.
"What about the Slime Pups?"
"The others will take care of that!" Reece replied quickly, gesturing for Caspian to stand up and follow her.
She nodded and shrugged, slowly standing up to follow Reece as she held the door open.
The two didn't talk much on their way to their room, so Caspian decided to think about what they were walking past to distract her.
The two walked past the large tree surrounded with pillows, they walked past a room with a large window to display glowing blue crystals, they walked past the door to the Gootraxian containment rooms, and to a door labelled with "EMPLOYEES ONLY"

"Do other people come here or something..?"
"Nope! Well... We've been thinking about allowing schools to take field trips here. Can you imagine little kids playing with the Slime Pups? Mochis taking kids on little trips around in the sky? Slime Pup Dragons playing catch or monkey in the middle with the students? Panthers playing hide n' seek with.."
Reece continued rambling as the two walked through the hallways. These halls were eerily empty, probably because it was still day, so people would be working in the halls of the Gootraxian containment rooms.
Though Reece was talking about wholesome interactions between kids and Gootraxians, the first image that appeared in Caspian's mind was one of the blue, scaly lizard Gootraxian, called a Kaiju if she remembered correctly, grabbing a child and ripping it in half, ripping off little flakes of flesh and tearing them up with its razor sharp ivories.
"...wouldn't that be adorable?" Reece said suddenly.
Caspian scrambled to reply, "Oh! Uhm.. Yeah, very!"
"Aren't some Gootraxians aggressive?"
Reece shrugged.
"Ooh! We're here, let me open the door for you.."

Reece stopped in front of a door, grabbing a small golden key out of her coat pocket and opening the door. She walked inside, and Caspian followed. The room was quite small, there were two beds and two desks. Each desk had a computer, a flashlight, a gas mask, some snacks that looked like knockoffs of other brands, and a few extra Bestiaries.
One bed was adorned with plushies and rainbow decor, and the other one (which Caspian assumed belonged to her) was bland and boring with a monotone bedspread.
"Hey, I'll give you a secret. You can skip out of doing any work if you open your bestiary a few times or get on the online forums. Look, this side of the room is yours so you can use the computer to look at the bestiary, more images of Gootraxians, a guide to terminology and rules, and online discussion forums to communicate with fellow hardworking employees!.. They made us memorize that for the newbies."
Caspian looked around in silence for a bit.

"Anywho, I'm gonna go. You get some rest for tomorrow or something. Bye!" Reece exclaimed, waving and holding the door handle before exiting.

Caspian turned her attention to the computer screen.
Let's check this out.