Chapter Eight

Joocie was an Imposter.
One Imposter remains.

It had been a really long day so Nadwe went to bed, knowing full well he would be unable to sleep after everything he had seen so far on this trip to Polus. He would most likely instead write in his notebook until his head was sore. He entered the dorm and saw Woolf curled up on his bed. He sat next to him.
'I'm so sorry.'
'It's fine. You didn't kill him.'
'You want to talk about it?'
He took the long silence as a no, so left without speaking another word. Sometimes you have to be alone.
He went to sit on cams for a while. He jumped when he suddenly saw a shadow looming over him.
'What are you doing up?'
Nadwe sighed with relief as he recognised Blaza's soft voice behind him. The blond kneeled down to Nadwe's level and looked him directly into his eyes.
'Look, I'm sorry you had to see Juice like that. But listen, you are going to pull through this because you are intelligent and I won't let anything happen to you. Now, if you're going to stay in here then at least turn some lights on so you don't hurt your eyes.'
Suddenly there was a shout that echoed through the ship.

'Guys! Come quick! It's Socks!'
***

'Meme?' Meme turned around to see Socks waiting for him at the Cafeteria table. 'Would you mind watching me do a Medbay scan? I kinda forgot to do it before.'
'Sure!'
The two friends walked down to Medbay. But only one would come out alive.
'I trust you Socks. I have a strong hunch you're not the Imposter.'
Soon they reached Medbay. Meme stood a few seconds to check that Socks was scanning. He saw green light floating up and down Socks' body to indicate a successful scan. Meme turned around to find his anomaly in his samples. Turning back to the Medbay scan, he froze.
Socks was dead.

'Guys! Come quick! It's Socks!'