Chapter Nine

Blaza came darting towards Meme's yell, speeding past everyone else running to Medbay. He slowed when he heard the source of the yell. And instantly regretted it.
A man in orange was covered in scarlet, a hole from where his chest should be. His intestines had fallen out of his body and were sprawled on the floor. Blood was flooding out like a waterfall. Meme's attempt to stop the bleeding with his jacket was in vain.
He was dead.
'Can I have a moment?' asked Blaza quietly. Everyone left, until it was just Blaza and the remains of his best friend.
***
'Socks? Are you okay?'
Blaza stood up from the hospital chair as Socks left the room. His eyes were puffy and they shared the same redness as his cheeks.
He didn't answer, but didn't need to.
His mother was dead.
Blaza reached over to his brunette friend and hugged him.
'It's okay to cry,' he whispered.
He felt the embrace tighten as Socks sobbed into his shoulder. He smiled weakly.
'You'll be safe, cos I'll always be here for you. I promise.'
***
'I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you.'
Tears streamed down his face. It was his fault his one and only friend was no longer here. He broke his promise.
Socks watched from above as a ghost. He sighed.
'You can't hear me Blaza, but the other Imposter is Laff.'
Blaza stopped crying as he felt a weird sensation. He grabbed a tissue to solve his runny nose as he ran down to Cafeteria.
'Care to explain yourself, Laff?'