Ch5: Now I'm Screwed

A/N: get it get it the title like the jt fnaf 1 song get it get it 

Words: 1907

┌─── ∘°❉ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ❉°∘ ───┐

You wake up screaming, tears pouring down your face. You don't remember the specifics of your dream, but as you palm the moisture off your face you think it had to be about those damn eyes in that damn article. That's what you get for staying up on your phone. It takes you longer than usual to calm yourself down, nightmares haven't affected you like this in a long time. You feel like you could up and cry like a kid if you let yourself, if you knew how.

You shake it off eventually and take a shower as a way of resetting your already stressful day. Unfortunately, you don't have a towel. You make a mental note to move your stash of towels from the bathroom downstairs to the one connected to your room. When you eventually go downstairs you realize it's much later than you anticipated. It's about 10 pm, you need to leave by around 11:45. Had you really slept that long?

You've only been conscious for thirty minutes, but you already feel like going to bed and hoping tomorrow is better. That's not an option, so you opt for something more constructive, a late night drive. Driving has always been a peaceful experience in this part of town, especially at night. There's barely a car on the road and the soft hum of tires on asphalt is grounding. Driving has always been a stress reliever for you, you're bleeding gas money sure, but given the circumstances of your day so far you think you're allowed to waste a few miles.

The only thing you can think of while you drive is the pizzeria. You didn't get a proper explanation of whatever happened yesterday, which seemed to be a pattern with your new friends. You're sure they have a reason for acting strangely, you just wish they would tell you why. You don't like feeling left in the dark, but you don't like the idea of upsetting your friends more.

You glance at the time, it's 11:40. You're not looking forward to going to the pizzeria. Not that you're not looking forward to seeing the animatronics, you do want to see them, just maybe not in that cold slightly damp building. The more you think about it the more you realize how creepy the pizzeria is. The floors are scuffed and undoubtedly dirty, the walls are dilapidated and stained, and yesterday when you got to work and went to the office to mute the phone call you messed with the cameras and saw a fully upright animatronic endoskeleton in one of the storage rooms. You're shaken out of your thoughts by a particularly violent pothole. Someone should really fix that. You sigh and decide to head to the pizzeria, you're already going the right direction and there's no harm in being a little early.

You're hit with a pang of guilt when you park your car and realize that you don't want to get out. The pizzeria is pretty inhospitable, but it's where your friends live. If you don't like being in it for six hours, imagine how they feel. Maybe you could bring some cleaning supplies next time and actually do something about the problem instead of complaining in your head. You've spent enough time thinking in your car that it's time for you to clock in anyways.

Any unease you felt dissipates when you see the animatronics smiling faces. You actually make a joke about the pizzeria being creepy and to your surprise they unanimously agree. You feel significantly less guilty now and even consider telling the animatronics about your nightmare, but ultimately decide against it. You don't want them to worry.

Towards the end of your shift you mention that your sleep schedule is so irregular that it causes you to miss meals. Chica takes great offense to this and scurries off to the kitchen, quickly coming back with a box of pizza. The guys collectively groan and Bonnie laughs before taking a slice.

"Chica- what- this is warm," Bonnie says with mild bewilderment, "Did you just make this? How did you do it so fast?"

"Don't talk with your mouth full," Freddy says, "but... did you just make this?"