Ch8: It Doesn't Matter Where You Go

A/N: my wifis acting up like wild. Also im into hazbin now, so i'm probably gonna start writing for that. updates will continue like normal here tho. 

Words: 2775

┌─── ∘°❉ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ❉°∘ ───┐

You yawn as you wake up, stretching and wincing at the popping of your back. You roll over and fall off your couch. Man, you really need to put some pillows on the floor, you fall off this thing all the time.

Wait a minute, how'd you get on your couch? Weren't you just at the pizzeria?

You open your eyes and confirm you are in fact laying in a heap on your living room floor. You don't remember how you got here, home that is. Daylight illuminates the little dust particles floating around the room, it's weirdly beautiful from this angle. Daylight also illuminates a piece of paper propped up on the arm of your couch. You untangle your limbs and get into a more acceptable position, though still on the floor. You grab the paper and note the nice cursive writing.

Hello, (Y/n), I hope it's okay with you, but you fell asleep at the pizzeria and we didn't want to wake you. Since we already know your address (sorry), we drove you home, your car is out front with a full tank.

Love,
Freddy. And Bonnie. And Chica and Foxy.

You chuckle at how the other's names were tacked on at the end, clearly Freddy had penned this. You stand up and stretch again. You should probably start thinking about food, and hold on, since when can the animatronics drive? And where did they get gas money? And most importantly, if your car is out front, how did they get back to the pizzeria?

You wonder how long of a walk it is to the pizzeria, maybe it's not that bad. You should look it up, so you can figure out how apologetic you should be when you go to work tonight. Wait, do you even have work on Sundays? You reach for the spot on the table next to your couch where your phone charges. You feel the charger, but no phone. After a little too long of looking under the table and on the couch, you realize you left your phone at the pizzeria. Of course you did, you didn't even have it with Goldie. It's probably still in the pizzeria's kitchen somewhere. Maybe one of the animatronics found it, though if they did they'd probably have brought it home with you. Hopefully they have a lost and found. Hopefully you can find something really entertaining on TV, cause this is fixing to be the most boring day ever.

Thinking of it now, you've never seen the pizzeria in action. Now offers a great opportunity, you can see what the place is like in the daytime and retrieve your phone. It's almost like fate. You take a quick shower and make yourself presentable, then start the drive to Fazbear's.

On the way, your mind keeps drifting back to Goldie. You really want to know what happened to him. Freddy wouldn't hurt him too bad, right? Should you even care? He did kidnap you after all, even if he was nice while doing it. The pizzeria isn't a... constructive environment for healthy relationships, that was made clear by the way Foxy and Bonnie attacked each other like it was nothing the other day. Even though the others did fight Goldie, they never suggested that you quit, or take a day off, or see a therapist. Not that you think you need one, just that being kidnapped isn't usually treated so casually.

You get the feeling this sort of thing isn't unusual to the animatronics. It makes you feel bad for them, that they've lived with this type of violence for so long that it's been normalized. You guess it makes sense, considering they were literally murdered as children. That's bound to mess up your ideas of what is and isn't an acceptable amount of aggression.

You really feel bad for Goldie. You remember when you asked him why he wasn't friends with the other animatronics, he'd said they hadn't gotten along for some time. That implies there was a time when they did. You wonder what they possibly could disagree on that would cause your friends to entirely shun him. It's clear from the interactions you've had with him that the isolation has destroyed him. He's such an open book, to you at least, you're surprised the others don't see what you do in him. Maybe they don't want to. Maybe it's easier that way.