Ch10: Do You Wanna Ride?

A/N: short chapter but im trying to make the next ones longer. also im like referencing and taking a lot of inspo from other writings or shows or whatever and i'm citing them with like links and explanations in the notes of my ao3 (username Johnny_Jay_Doe) cause it's more convenient and like doesn't mess with the format. I'll still put big citations in the author's notes here, but theres way more stuff in detail on ao3 if you care abt that 

also i'm gonna go back to prev chapters and edit for formatting/grammar and try to clean up the author's notes format so dw abt it

Words: 1970

┌─── ∘°❉ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ❉°∘ ───┐

"Go somewhere?" Bonnie lifts his head and asks.

"Yeah," You say, "let's go do something."

Foxy looks at you, confusion in his eyes but clearly trying to play it cool, "Where... where would we go?"

"Are we allowed to go?" Bonnie adds.

"Well, I am the security guard," You say, puffing out your chest a little, "and if I bring you guys somewhere, I'm still technically guarding you, so."

"I think you're meant to be guarding the premises." Freddy pipes in.

"Shut up!" Chica leans across the table and slaps her hand over a disgruntled Freddy's mouth, "Where can we go?"

"Aaaanywhere," You say, making a sweeping gesture with your hands.

"Can we go to a theme park?" Chica asks, stars in her eyes.

"Within reasoooon," You tack on and reverse the hand gesture.

Within reason really narrows down your choices. You can't bring the animatronics anywhere too public. Although it's still so early in the morning it might as well be considered night, you can't risk people seeing them. They pass as human, but just barely. Any night crawler with a keen eye could spot Bonnie's ears without a double take. You can't do anything that's remotely costly, Fazbear's doesn't pay that great and there are five of you. You certainly can't go anywhere far away. It'll be a nightmare if the pizzeria opens without its star attractions.

You sigh and resign yourself to pitching the lamest idea for what a group of viably attractive adults can possibly do on a night out.

"Y'all wanna go to McDonalds?"

Cramming four weirdly tall animatronics into your car is no easy task. Honestly, the nearest McDonalds is like two blocks away, but your windows are tinted and you really are paranoid about getting caught. Eventually you settle on giving Chica, who looks very pleased with herself, the passenger seat and leaving the boys to have a territory dispute in the back.

You catch Bonnie's eye in the rear view mirror. The poor thing is stuck in the middle seat, if you can even call it a seat. You pull out of the parking lot and start driving down the empty street. Bonnie all but launches himself over Foxy to press his face against the window. You drive slower to let him take in the sights.

"Huh," Bonnie says as you slowly cruise past a 7/11, "that used to be a Radioshack."

"No, I thought it was a Gemco?" Freddy counters.

"Bonnie's right," Chica says, her voice missing the energy you're so accustomed to hearing from her, "it was a Radioshack. My mom used to take me sometimes."

No one responds to Chica. You look over at her and find her face is devoid of any discernible emotion and angled towards the window. That must be awful, you think, to see how the world changed without you. Haunted by the memory of your family, who by all means think you're dead and would be horrified at the state of you now. Assuming they're alive to see it, that is.