Ch9: Pothole

A/N: sorry for the late update 💀 super long story short, my house has like 0 wifi and my computer is bricked BUT i figured out how to get all my stuff on my ipad and currently we're on vacation and the hotel has wifi so 🙏🙏🙏 i think we're getting the wifi fixed in our house in a week or two, if not i can like do evasive maneuvers and write in my notes app then use the school wifi to upload it before i go to class 

Also I finished the cover finally, i attached the original image i referenced like the one DreamWitchX used up top. I also referenced pole-bear's fnaf designs and the artist mercywashere_ on instagram

Words: 2264

┌─── ∘°❉ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ❉°∘ ───┐

You ended up spending your newfound energy on doing some much needed chores. You did all the laundry (and folded the clothes), you did some simple meal prep for the next week, you even broke out the lint roller and got all the fuzz off your couch. Sure, you did it all at an astronomically slow pace while binge watching some show you keep seeing online, something or other about a heavenly boss, but you got it done nonetheless. You even got some genuine human connection in and texted with Adam.

Unfortunately, things don't ever tend to go perfectly for you and you've used up all your luck for the day. Your greatest enemy sneaks up on you once again, time management. At this rate you'll have to speed if you want to make it to work on time. You're not that worried about it, the roads are basically empty at night, and honestly you feel like you've never seen a cop on your way to work. You can totally speed a bit and not get caught. You get in your car, start the engine, and realize your secret second greatest enemy has caught up to you. Forgetfulness. You totally forgot to pack the cleaning stuff you bought earlier.

You stop the car and take the walk of shame back inside your house to grab all the cleaning supplies and lug them back to your car. By some miracle they fit in the trunk. That puts you behind schedule, now you'll really have to speed.

You glance at the time as you drive. It's 11:52, but you're so close to work, and driving a little fast never hurt anyone. You're not speeding speeding, just the normal amount. You're so in your head about technically breaking a law you neglect to angle your car away from that concerningly deep pothole you usually manage to avoid. You hear a loud bang and a whooshing sound before your car starts listing to the side.

You sigh as you maneuver your car to the side of the road and turn on the hazards. When you circle around to the front of your car you see the front left tire has blown out. That pothole really did a number on your, admittedly old, car. What a great start to your day. Night. This job is really messing with your sense of time. You open your phone and start calling roadside assistance, you're definitely going to be late to work now.

It takes forever for roadside assistance to arrive. Not forever, more like an hour, but still. It takes about another 40 minutes for them to remove your wet napkin of a tire and replace it with a spare. The poor repair man was nice enough, he let you talk his ear off the entire time. All and all not a horrible experience. It definitely could have gone a lot worse.

(The repair man told you as much about 20 minutes into swapping your tire. You're not sure you'll be able to drive stress-free ever again after hearing his painfully detailed account of tire blowouts that ended with the drivers leaving in bags.)

After the repair man leaves, and after he begrudgingly test drives your car to confirm that no, your car will not explode, you drive (very carefully) to the pizzeria. You pull into your regular parking spot at around 2AM. So much for not being late. You'll have to apologize to the animatronics.

You close your car door (very gently) and right yourself to start walking to the pizzeria entrance. You've barely taken your first stride when you feel a hand clasp around your bicep. You're unceremoniously pulled backwards, away from the door, to the side of the building.